Rosie Cooper’s voting in Parliament
Rosie Cooper is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Rosie Cooper sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Rosie Cooper generally voted against equal gay rights, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Rosie Cooper generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Rosie Cooper’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Rosie Cooper’s full vote analysis page for more.
Rosie Cooper has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 4 Dec 2017
Earlier in the hon. Gentleman’s speech, he said that things should not go wrong. My problem is that one of my constituents lost more than £300 after she had to cancel an appointment because of urgent ill health. For four months, she has not been able to resolve that. It is okay saying things should not go wrong, but when they do, the system is not there. What action can be taken to...
The parents of a child who has Asperger’s contacted me recently and explained in depth how their son’s school failed to consider his needs, and the great stress that that caused them as a family. As a signatory to the Ambitious about Autism pledge in the last Parliament, may I ask the Secretary of State what action her Department is taking to ensure that school staff are properly...
To ask the Secretary of State for Education how many applications have been made for education, health and care plans to (a) local authorities and (b) Lancashire County Council.
More of Rosie Cooper’s recent appearances
Labour MP for West Lancashire
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Rosie Cooper campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Education and Skills
- Community Health Services: Liverpool
- Armed Forces: Uniforms
- Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Currently held offices
- Member, Health Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Health Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 29 Oct 2012)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Justice Committee (25 Jan 2010 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, North West Regional Select Committee (3 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Justice Committee (6 Nov 2007 to 17 Mar 2008)
- PPS (Mr Ben Bradshaw, Minister of State), Department of Health (28 Jun 2007 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Lord Rooker, Minister of State), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (8 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (28 Jun 2005 to 12 Dec 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Dec 2017.
Name of donor: Hong Kong Government
Address of donor: c/o Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, 18 Bedford Square, London WC1B 3JA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights valued at approx. £8,500; accommodation (4 nights) and food valued at £1,652; other transport and hospitality to a value of approx £207; approx £10,359 in total
Dates of visit: 9-13 January 2017
Purpose of visit: to maintain bilateral ties; support British businesses operating in Hong Kong, and deepen the knowledge of parliamentarians of Hong Kong’s political, social and economic development.
(Registered 06 March 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from