Emily Thornberry campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Emily Thornberry’s voting in Parliament
Emily Thornberry is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Emily Thornberry’s votes.
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Emily Thornberry’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Emily Thornberry’s full vote analysis page for more.
Emily Thornberry has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what improvements have been made to overall conditions at HMP Pentonville since July 2015; and if she will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what representations her Department has received on conditions at HM Prison Pentonville in the last five years; and if she will place those representations in the Library.
Thank you, Mr Speaker, for granting the urgent question from my hon. Friend the Member for Wirral South (Alison McGovern). As she made clear, there is no more urgent situation in the world right now than the humanitarian crisis in east Aleppo. With no functioning hospitals to handle the mounting civilian casualties, food supplies exhausted and tens of thousands of people already facing...
More of Emily Thornberry’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Islington South and Finsbury
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Ministry of Defence
- Department of Health
- Crown Prosecution Service
- Serious Fraud Office
- Social Security Benefits
- Universal Credit
Currently held offices
- Shadow Foreign Secretary (since 27 Jun 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union (20 Jul 2016 to 6 Oct 2016)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Defence (5 Jan 2016 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (18 Sep 2015 to 5 Jan 2016)
- Member, Health Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
- Shadow Attorney General (7 Oct 2011 to 20 Nov 2014)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Energy and Climate Change) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Member, Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill (Joint Committee) (1 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (23 Oct 2006 to 2 Nov 2009)
- Member, Draft Legal Services Bill (Joint Committee) (15 May 2006 to 25 Jul 2006)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 26 Mar 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 21 Nov 2016.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Leigh Day
and Co. Solicitors
Address of donor: Priory House, 25 St John
's Lane, London EC1M 4LB
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: The services of a legal research assistant to support me in my role as Shadow Attorney General
from 15 September 2014
to 20 November 2014
; value £4,800.
Date received: 15 September 2014
Date accepted: 15 September 2014
Donor status: limited liability partnership
(Registered 11 January 2016
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: AgustaWestland Ltd
Address of donor: Lysander Road, Yeovil BA20 2YB
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: myself and my assistant were passengers on a helicopter flight, total value £1,460
Date received: 2 June 2016
Date accepted: 2 June 2016
Donor status: company, registration 00604352
(Registered 28 June 2016)
Name of donor: BAE Systems PLC
Address of donor: 6 Carlton Gardens, London SW1Y 5AD
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: flight to Barrow for my assistant and myself, total value £540
Date received: 13 May 2016
Date accepted: 13 May 2016
Donor status: company, registration 1470151
(Registered 30 June 2016)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from