Emily Thornberry’s voting in Parliament
Emily Thornberry is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Emily Thornberry’s votes.
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 3 votes against, between 2010–2011
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 10 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
0 votes for, 12 votes against, between 2013–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 6 absences, between 2007–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 5 absences, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Emily Thornberry’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Emily Thornberry’s full vote analysis page for more.
Emily Thornberry has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what assessment he has made of the capacity of the Ukrainian authorities to provide government services to civilians living in districts under separatist control; and what representations he has made to his Ukrainian counterpart on the provision of services to such civilians.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what representations he has made to the Government of (a) Ukraine and (b) Russia on the presence of military equipment and troops in civilian-populated areas of eastern Ukraine.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what recent estimate he has made of the number of foreign fighters in eastern Ukraine.
More of Emily Thornberry’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Islington South and Finsbury
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Emily Thornberry campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Ministry of Defence
- Department of Health
- Crown Prosecution Service
- Serious Fraud Office
- Social Security Benefits
- Universal Credit
Currently held offices
- Shadow Foreign Secretary (since 27 Jun 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union (20 Jul 2016 to 6 Oct 2016)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Defence (5 Jan 2016 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (18 Sep 2015 to 5 Jan 2016)
- Member, Health Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
- Shadow Attorney General (7 Oct 2011 to 20 Nov 2014)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Energy and Climate Change) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Member, Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill (Joint Committee) (1 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (23 Oct 2006 to 2 Nov 2009)
- Member, Draft Legal Services Bill (Joint Committee) (15 May 2006 to 25 Jul 2006)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 26 Mar 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Feb 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: AgustaWestland Ltd
Address of donor: Lysander Road, Yeovil BA20 2YB
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: myself and my assistant were passengers on a helicopter flight, total value £1,460
Date received: 2 June 2016
Date accepted: 2 June 2016
Donor status: company, registration 00604352
(Registered 28 June 2016)
Name of donor: BAE Systems PLC
Address of donor: 6 Carlton Gardens, London SW1Y 5AD
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: flight to Barrow for my assistant and myself, total value £540
Date received: 13 May 2016
Date accepted: 13 May 2016
Donor status: company, registration 1470151
(Registered 30 June 2016)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from