Emily Thornberry’s voting in Parliament
Emily Thornberry is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Emily Thornberry’s votes.
Generally voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
0 votes for, 14 votes against, 4 absences, between 2011–2018
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
3 votes for, 19 votes against, 5 absences, between 2010–2019
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 5 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2011–2016
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
63 votes for, 14 votes against, 65 absences, between 2006–2019
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
1 vote for, 5 votes against, 7 absences, between 2008–2016
Last updated: 4 Sep 2019.
Please share these votes responsibly.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Emily Thornberry’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Emily Thornberry’s full vote analysis page for more.
Emily Thornberry has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Thank you very much, Mr Speaker, for granting this urgent question. I thank the right hon. Member for Bournemouth East (Mr Ellwood), along with all those other Members who sought to pursue this issue today, including my hon. Friend the Member for Brighton, Kemptown (Lloyd Russell-Moyle). The number of UQ applications you had on this issue today reflects the range of concern and, indeed,...
Give it a go.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Trade, whether she plans to bring forward legislative proposals to ensure that UK companies investing in Brazil do not contribute to deforestation in the Amazon.
More of Emily Thornberry’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Islington South and Finsbury
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Emily Thornberry campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Ministry of Defence
- Cabinet Office
- Crown Prosecution Service
- Serious Fraud Office
- Social Security Benefits
- Universal Credit
Currently held offices
- Shadow Foreign Secretary (since 27 Jun 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union (20 Jul 2016 to 6 Oct 2016)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Defence (5 Jan 2016 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (18 Sep 2015 to 5 Jan 2016)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
- Shadow Attorney General (7 Oct 2011 to 20 Nov 2014)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Energy and Climate Change) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Member, Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill (Joint Committee) (1 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee (23 Oct 2006 to 2 Nov 2009)
- Member, Draft Legal Services Bill (Joint Committee) (15 May 2006 to 25 Jul 2006)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 26 Mar 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)