David Gauke campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
David Gauke’s voting in Parliament
David Gauke is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, David Gauke sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
David Gauke generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Gauke’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Gauke’s full vote analysis page for more.
David Gauke has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Conservative MP for South West Hertfordshire
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Open Source Software
- Departmental Computers
- Child Benefit: Personal Records
Currently held offices
- The Chief Secretary to the Treasury (since 14 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (15 Jul 2014 to 14 Jul 2016)
- The Exchequer Secretary (13 May 2010 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Tax Law Rewrite Bills (Joint Committee) (9 Nov 2009 to 7 Dec 2009)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Treasury Committee (13 Feb 2006 to 17 Jul 2007)
- Member, Procedure Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 11 Jun 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all David Gauke’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.92% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 106 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Gauke’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1085 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from