Mike Penning’s voting in Parliament
Mike Penning is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mike Penning sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mike Penning generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mike Penning’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mike Penning’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mike Penning has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To be eligible to receive the Arctic Star, there must be official military evidence of at least one day's crossing into the Arctic Circle 66° 32N of the equator during the period 3 September 1939 to 8 May 1945 inclusive. The following sources constitute official military evidence:Individual service recordsShips ManifestsShip LogsCentral Records CardsMedal Cards and Pay and Victual...
The Royal Navy is constantly evolving its recruitment marketing methods, using specific advertising campaigns, web based media, radio, social media, print and appearances at recruitment events. To address the issue of recruitment to technical specialisations the Royal Navy employs a range of mechanisms to attract and develop such recruits including apprenticeship schemes and staged...
I am withholding this information as providing planned numbers would, or would be likely to prejudice the capability, effectiveness or security of the Armed Forces. However, the P8-A programme will train sufficient pilots to deliver operational requirements.
More of Mike Penning’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Hemel Hempstead
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Mike Penning campaigned to leave the European Union
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Staff
- Dental Services
- Departmental Telephone Services
- Departmental Training
- Departmental Assets
Currently held offices
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence (since 15 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Home Department (15 Jul 2014 to 15 Jul 2016)
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Justice (15 Jul 2014 to 15 Jul 2016)
- The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Minister of State, Northern Ireland Office (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Transport (17 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (6 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 10 Dec 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Mike Penning’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 82.86% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 31 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 112 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mike Penning’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 680 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Mar 2017.
On 20 May 2016
a donation of £1,120 from Jan Telensky was accepted by Hemel Hempstead Conservative Association. Mr Telensky's company, Metropolitan International School Ltd, made a donation earlier in 2016 to support my office. (Registered 06 June 2016
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from