Mike Penning’s voting in Parliament
Mike Penning is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mike Penning sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mike Penning generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mike Penning’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mike Penning’s full vote analysis page for more.
Last updated: 19 Apr 2017
There are no current plans to change the order of battle of the Royal Marines.
Russian maritime operations are closely monitored. According to Russian doctrine, the purpose of Russian naval activity is to conduct routine operations in support of their national interests, which Russia sees as including surveillance of UK and NATO maritime operations. The general trend of Russian naval activity has been to increase, year on year, since a post-cold war low point around...
The order of battle and current locations of units in 12th (Armoured Infantry) Brigade is set out below: Unit Location HQ 12th (Armoured Infantry) Brigade Bulford Garrison The Kings Royal Hussars Tidworth Garrison The Royal Lancers (Queen Elizabeth’s Own) Catterick Garrison 1st Battalion Scots Guards Aldershot Garrison 1st Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment Tidworth...
More of Mike Penning’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Hemel Hempstead
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Mike Penning campaigned to leave the European Union
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Staff
- Dental Services
- Departmental Telephone Services
- Departmental Training
- Departmental Assets
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence (15 Jul 2016 to 12 Jun 2017)
- The Minister of State, Home Department (15 Jul 2014 to 15 Jul 2016)
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Justice (15 Jul 2014 to 15 Jul 2016)
- The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Minister of State, Northern Ireland Office (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Transport (17 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (6 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 10 Dec 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Mike Penning’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- People have made 31 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 109 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mike Penning’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 680 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Metropolitan International School Ltd
Address of donor: 500 Chesham House, 150 Regent Street, London W1R 5QZ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £35,000 towards campaigning, research and constituency
Date received: 17 March 2017
Date of accepted: 17 March 2017
Donor status: company, registration 2646404
(Registered 07 April 2017
On 20 May 2016
a donation of £1,120 from Jan Telensky was accepted by Hemel Hempstead Conservative Association. Mr Telensky's company, Metropolitan International School Ltd, made a donation earlier in 2016 to support my office. (Registered 06 June 2016
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from