A selection of Greg Hands's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
20 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2010–2015
Generally voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, in 2013
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
21 votes for, 55 votes against, 14 absences, between 2008–2017
Consistently voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
53 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2012–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2007–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Greg Hands’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Greg Hands’s full vote analysis page for more.
The Department for International Trade promotes export opportunities to British companies through our overseas network of 174 offices across 109 countries, offering specialised support services tailored to the needs of individual opportunities, setting up trade missions and events, and providing introductions and helping address barriers to markets. Furthermore, GREAT.gov.uk helps UK business...
The Department for International Trade does not have any contracts with Deloitte.
The Department for International Trade has not awarded any tenders to Deloitte since January 2017.
More of Greg Hands’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Chelsea and Fulham
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Also represented Hammersmith and Fulham
Topics of interest
Greg Hands campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Departmental Training
- Departmental Electronic Equipment
- FIFA World Cup
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department for International Trade (15 Jul 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- The Chief Secretary to the Treasury (8 May 2015 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Member, Committee of Selection (9 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Treasurer of Her Majesty's Household (7 Oct 2013 to 8 May 2015)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (14 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (12 Mar 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (27 Jun 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (16 Jan 2006 to 27 Jun 2006)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Greg Hands’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.44% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 149 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 237 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Arunasalam S Yogeswaran
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,085 monetary donation for the provision of website and newsletter services
Date received: 22 September 2016
Date accepted: 22 September 2016
Donor status: individual
(Registered 24 November 2016
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: The Football Association Premier League Ltd
Address of donor: 30 Gloucester Place, London W1U 8PL
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: three tickets and hospitality to FA Cup Semi-Final (Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur), total value £792
Date received: 22 April 2017
Date accepted: 22 April 2017
Donor status: company, registration 02719699
(Registered 27 April 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Germany owned jointly with my wife: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015
House in France owned jointly with my two brothers: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from