Greg Hands’s voting in Parliament
Greg Hands is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Greg Hands sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Greg Hands generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Greg Hands’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Greg Hands’s full vote analysis page for more.
Greg Hands has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 23 May 2018
Holding answer received on 18 June 2018 The Government has not made recent representations to the European Commission concerning the anti-dumping and anti-subsidy measures against imports of solar panels from China. The UK opposed the Commission’s renewal of the anti-dumping measures and supported the renewal of the anti-subsidy measures in March 2017. The measures are due...
My Rt Hon Friend the Secretary of State for International Trade regularly discusses trade policy issues with Cabinet colleagues. The UK does not have commitments on visa quotas in any free trade agreement. We are seeking continuity in our trade and investment relationship with Japan. The Prime Minister and the Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe agreed in August 2017 to ‘work quickly...
More of Greg Hands’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Chelsea and Fulham
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Also represented Hammersmith and Fulham
Topics of interest
Greg Hands campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Departmental Training
- Departmental Electronic Equipment
- FIFA World Cup
Currently held offices
- The Minister of State, Department for International Trade (since 9 Jan 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State (Department for International Trade) (and Minister for London) (13 Jun 2017 to 9 Jan 2018)
- The Minister of State, Department for International Trade (15 Jul 2016 to 13 Jun 2017)
- The Chief Secretary to the Treasury (8 May 2015 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Member, Committee of Selection (9 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Treasurer of Her Majesty's Household (7 Oct 2013 to 8 May 2015)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (14 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (12 Mar 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee (27 Jun 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (16 Jan 2006 to 27 Jun 2006)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Greg Hands’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.09% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 121 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Greg Hands’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 268 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 18 Jun 2018.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Arunasalam S Yogeswaran
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000 monetary donation for the provision of website and newsletter services
Date received: 29 December 2017
Date accepted: 29 December 2017
Donor status: individual
(Registered 04 January 2018
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Chelsea Football Club Ltd
Address of donor: Stamford Bridge, London SW6 1HS
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: 2 tickets to Chelsea v Sunderland, including hospitality in the Director's Box, with an estimated total value of £600
Date received: 21 May 2017
Date accepted: 21 May 2017
Donor status: company, registration 01965149
(Registered 04 July 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Germany owned jointly with my wife: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015
House in France owned jointly with my two brothers: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from