Greg Hands campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Greg Hands’s voting in Parliament
Greg Hands is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Greg Hands sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Greg Hands generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Greg Hands’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Greg Hands’s full vote analysis page for more.
Greg Hands has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) has been formed after spending review 2015, out of the forerunner (non-ministerial) Departments UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) and the Trade Policy Unit responsibilities previously held by the Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS). My Rt hon Friend the Secretary of State for International Trade also has responsibility for UK Export...
The UK is already a member of the WTO in its own right and will not need to re-apply upon leaving the EU.
Countries in the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) are not party to any EU trade deals, either existing or under negotiation.
More of Greg Hands’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Chelsea and Fulham
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Also represented Hammersmith and Fulham
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Departmental Training
- Departmental Electronic Equipment
- FIFA World Cup
Currently held offices
- The Minister of State, Department for International Trade (since 15 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Chief Secretary to the Treasury (8 May 2015 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Member, Committee of Selection (9 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Treasurer of Her Majesty's Household (7 Oct 2013 to 8 May 2015)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (14 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (12 Mar 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (27 Jun 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (16 Jan 2006 to 27 Jun 2006)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Greg Hands’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.91% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 156 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Greg Hands’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 232 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from