Greg Hands’s voting in Parliament
Greg Hands is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Greg Hands sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Greg Hands generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Greg Hands’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Greg Hands’s full vote analysis page for more.
Greg Hands has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
The Department for International Trade’s carbon emissions for the 2016/17 financial year, have been calculated and reported as part of the carbon footprints of its previous departments, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. The Department will be calculating its carbon emissions for the 2017/18 financial year onwards and...
The Department for International Trade does not hold this information centrally. However, it is the Department’s commercial policy to compete requirements wherever this is possible in order to be able to realise best value for money. Depending on the size of the procurement, a range of methodologies are used including the sourcing of three or more quotes, or alternatively, a full...
The Department for International Trade has not cancelled any contracts put out to tender since July 2016. One contract has been re-tendered.
More of Greg Hands’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Chelsea and Fulham
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Also represented Hammersmith and Fulham
Topics of interest
Greg Hands campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Departmental Training
- Departmental Electronic Equipment
- FIFA World Cup
Currently held offices
- Minister of State (Department for International Trade) (and Minister for London) (since 13 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department for International Trade (15 Jul 2016 to 13 Jun 2017)
- The Chief Secretary to the Treasury (8 May 2015 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Member, Committee of Selection (9 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Treasurer of Her Majesty's Household (7 Oct 2013 to 8 May 2015)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (14 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (12 Mar 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (27 Jun 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (16 Jan 2006 to 27 Jun 2006)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Greg Hands’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 150 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Greg Hands’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 241 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Arunasalam S Yogeswaran
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,085 monetary donation for the provision of website and newsletter services
Date received: 22 September 2016
Date accepted: 22 September 2016
Donor status: individual
(Registered 24 November 2016
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: The Football Association Premier League Ltd
Address of donor: 30 Gloucester Place, London W1U 8PL
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: three tickets and hospitality to FA Cup Semi-Final (Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur), total value £792
Date received: 22 April 2017
Date accepted: 22 April 2017
Donor status: company, registration 02719699
(Registered 27 April 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Germany owned jointly with my wife: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015
House in France owned jointly with my two brothers: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from