Greg Hands’s voting in Parliament
Greg Hands is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Greg Hands sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Greg Hands generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Greg Hands’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Greg Hands’s full vote analysis page for more.
Greg Hands has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
I am not an ideologue on Brexit; I campaigned hard to remain in 2016, and do not regret having led the “Stronger In” campaign in my constituency. My strong family and other links to the continent mean that I have never been what is called a “Brexiteer”. But like my right hon. Friend the Member for Mid Sussex (Sir Nicholas Soames) and unlike my hon. Friend the Member for Totnes (Dr...
More of Greg Hands’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Chelsea and Fulham
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Also represented Hammersmith and Fulham
Topics of interest
Greg Hands campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Departmental Training
- Departmental Electronic Equipment
- FIFA World Cup
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department for International Trade (9 Jan 2018 to 21 Jun 2018)
- Minister of State (Department for International Trade) (and Minister for London) (13 Jun 2017 to 9 Jan 2018)
- The Minister of State, Department for International Trade (15 Jul 2016 to 13 Jun 2017)
- The Chief Secretary to the Treasury (8 May 2015 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Member, Committee of Selection (9 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Treasurer of Her Majesty's Household (7 Oct 2013 to 8 May 2015)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (14 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (12 Mar 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee (27 Jun 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (16 Jan 2006 to 27 Jun 2006)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Greg Hands’s speeches
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 113 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Greg Hands’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 289 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Jan 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
From 14 November 2018, until further notice, adviser to Banque BNP
, 10, Harewood Avenue, London NW1 6AA. I provide general commentary on UK and European politics, including making speeches at the bank’s conferences and client events. Remuneration will be £9,000 gross per month for an expected 16 hours a month on average. I consulted ACoBA about this appointment. (Registered 17 December 2018)
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Arunasalam S Yogeswaran
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000 monetary donation for the provision of website and newsletter services
Date received: 29 December 2017
Date accepted: 29 December 2017
Donor status: individual
(Registered 04 January 2018)
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: Petersberg Summer Dialogue
Address of donor: Albrechtstraβe 12, 10117 Berlin
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Two nights’ accommodation with a value of £337.19
Destination of visit: Petersberg, Bonn, Germany
Dates of visit: 29 June - 1 July 2018
Purpose of visit: To attend the Petersberg Summer Dialogue at which I was a featured panellist.
(Registered 23 July 2018)
Name of donor: Results UK
Address of donor: 31-33 Bondway, London SW8 1SJ
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights hotel, food and transport, total value £2,392.64
Destination of visit: Zambia
Dates of visit: 14 - 21 September 2018
Purpose of visit: Investigating the crisis of child-stunting and other development issues in Lusaka and eastern Zambia.
(Registered 19 October 2018)
Name of donor: Lebanese Parliament
Address of donor: Lebanese Parliament, Beirut, Down Town, Nejmeh Square, Lebanon
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights £273; hotel £323; dinners £34.65; transport £39.80; total £670.45
Destination of visit: Beirut, Lebanon
Dates of visit: 7-10 November 2018
Purpose of visit: APPG
on Lebanon delegation.
(Registered 03 December 2018; updated 04 December 2018)
Name of donor: Le Cercle
Address of donor: 85 Great Portland Street, London W1W 7LT
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights £2,786; accommodation £810.45; lunches and dinners £395; airport transfers £163.07; total £4,154.52
Destination of visit: Washington, USA
Dates of visit: 29 November - 2 December 2018
Purpose of visit: Guest speaker on the subject of international trade at this forum for the discussion of international affairs.
(Registered 19 December 2018)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Germany owned jointly with my wife: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015)
House in France owned jointly with my two brothers: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)