A selection of Linda Riordan's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 8 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2013
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2012
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
4 votes for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, between 2007–2012
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 3 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2013
Voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2010
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, between 2010–2012
We have lots more plain English analysis of Linda Riordan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Linda Riordan’s full vote analysis page for more.
If he will make a statement on his departmental responsibilities.
I am sure that the Secretary of State will agree that Pacer units are not fit for purpose and that Halifax passengers deserve new rolling stock. Will he now put a definite date on when we will get those much-needed trains?
What the clinical reasons are for plans to close Calderdale Royal hospital A and E department.
More of Linda Riordan’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Halifax
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Communities and Local Government
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Prescriptions: Fees and Charges
- Driving (Sleep Disorders)
- Northern Rail
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (4 Mar 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Justice Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 6 Feb 2012)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (21 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Justice Committee (17 Mar 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Procedure Committee (6 Nov 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (5 Dec 2005 to 13 Nov 2007)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (21 Nov 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Constitutional Affairs Committee (13 Jul 2005 to 5 Nov 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Linda Riordan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 10 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 60.77% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 81 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 69 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JAL:
30 April 2014, payment of £75 received for an interview in April 2014. Hours: 30 mins. Payment donated to Halifax Constituency Labour Party. (Registered
13 May 2014)
9 June 2014, payment of £75 received for an interview in June 2014. Hours: 45 mins. Payment donated to Halifax Constituency Labour Party. (Registered 24 June 2014)
Payments from Ipsos Mori,79-81 Borough Road London SE1 1FY:
Payment of £200 received in September 2014 for interview during same month. Hours: 1 hr. Payment donated to a branch of Halifax Constituency Labour Party. (Registered 12 November 2014)
(a) Donations to my constituency party or association, which have been or will be reported by my party to the Electoral Commission
(a) Address of donor: Unite House, 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
(a) (Registered 10 April 2014)
8. Land and Property
House in Somerset from which I derive rental income. (Registered 11 December 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from