Anne Milton’s voting in Parliament
Anne Milton is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Anne Milton’s votes.
Consistently voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
10 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2013–2016
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
19 votes for, 63 votes against, 13 absences, between 2008–2017
Voted a mixture of for and against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2007–2016
Almost always voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
20 votes for, 5 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2015
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2010–2017
We have lots more plain English analysis of Anne Milton’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Anne Milton’s full vote analysis page for more.
Anne Milton has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 4 Dec 2017
Communications Committee: The advertising industry.
Witnesses: (at 3:30 PM) Mr Adam Cohen, Head of Economic Policy for EMEA, Google Mr Ed Couchman, Director of Agency Partnerships, Facebook Mr Simon Milner, Policy Director - UK, Middle East and Africa, Facebook Mr Michael Todd, Head of Advertising Industry Relations, Google (at 4:30 PM) Rt Hon Matt Hancock MP, Minister of State for Digital, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Rt Hon Anne...
The government has not set annual targets for the uptake of apprenticeships. However, we aim to achieve 3 million apprenticeship starts in England by 2020. There have already been over 1.1 million apprenticeship starts since May 2015.
The government is offering refugees access to English language support through the Adult Education Budget. We provide full funding to English for Speakers of Other Languages courses for refugees who are unemployed and looking for work, and 50% funding for other refugees. Education providers have the freedom to determine how they use funds to meet the needs of their local communities. If...
More of Anne Milton’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Guildford
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
We don't know whether Anne Milton campaigned to leave, or stay in the European Union
- Culture Media and Sport
- Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Small Change Big Difference
- Mental Health Services
- Departmental Telephone Numbers
- Regional Planning and Development: South East
Currently held offices
- Minister for Women (since 3 Jul 2017)
- Minister of State (Department for Education) (since 12 Jun 2017)
- Member, Commons Reference Group on Representation and Inclusion Committee (since 15 Nov 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee of Selection (17 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- The Treasurer of Her Majesty's Household (11 May 2015 to 12 Jun 2017)
- Government Whip (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Committee of Selection (9 May 2013 to 17 Jul 2014)
- Government Whip (6 Sep 2012 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (17 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Culture and Tourism) (6 Nov 2006 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 11 Dec 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Anne Milton’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.15% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 16 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 185 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Anne Milton’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 242 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from