Anne Milton’s voting in Parliament
Anne Milton is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Anne Milton’s votes.
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2007–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2007–2016
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2013
Generally voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
11 votes for, 0 votes against, 6 absences, between 2012–2018
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
5 votes for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, between 2007–2016
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Anne Milton’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Anne Milton’s full vote analysis page for more.
Anne Milton has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 23 May 2018
The Department for Education has a ring-fenced apprenticeship budget which is set regardless of how much levy receipts are each year. This budget was £2.01 billion for the 2017-18 financial year and £2.23 billion for 2018-19. Spending on the apprenticeship programme is demand led, and employers can choose which apprenticeships they offer and how many. We do not anticipate that all...
We know that there are disparities in gender representation in apprenticeships in some sectors such as Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies, and we want to address these disparities through a range of activities. It is important to note that women accounted for 53.4 per cent of apprenticeship starts in 2016/17. Through the Year of Engineering 2018 and the Apprenticeship Diversity...
Once T Levels are fully rolled out there will be over £500 million additional funding per year for their delivery. This extra funding will pay for extended industry placements and the additional taught hours that will be needed for T Levels. Nearly £60 million of this funding has already been allocated to providers to help them build capacity for the improved industry placements...
More of Anne Milton’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Guildford
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
We don't know whether Anne Milton campaigned to leave, or stay in the European Union
- Culture Media and Sport
- Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Small Change Big Difference
- Mental Health Services
- Departmental Telephone Numbers
- Regional Planning and Development: South East
Currently held offices
- Minister of State (Education) (since 12 Jun 2017)
- Member, Commons Reference Group on Representation and Inclusion Committee (since 15 Nov 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Minister for Women (3 Jul 2017 to 16 Jan 2018)
- Member, Committee of Selection (17 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- The Treasurer of Her Majesty's Household (11 May 2015 to 12 Jun 2017)
- Government Whip (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Committee of Selection (9 May 2013 to 17 Jul 2014)
- Government Whip (6 Sep 2012 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (17 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Culture and Tourism) (6 Nov 2006 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 11 Dec 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Anne Milton’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 87.77% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 16 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 175 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Anne Milton’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 273 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from