Anne Milton’s voting in Parliament
Anne Milton is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Anne Milton’s votes.
Almost always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
48 votes for, 0 votes against, 5 absences, between 2012–2016
Generally voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
10 votes for, 0 votes against, 6 absences, between 2012–2014
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 3 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
5 votes for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, between 2007–2016
Consistently voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
10 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2013–2016
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
19 votes for, 69 votes against, 13 absences, between 2008–2018
We have lots more plain English analysis of Anne Milton’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Anne Milton’s full vote analysis page for more.
Anne Milton has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 16 Jan 2018
The procurement to deliver apprenticeship training to non-levy paying employers was managed in accordance with the Public Contracts Regulations 2015. All providers on the main route of the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers were eligible to bid. The full awarding methodology was set out in procurement documents in the Evaluation Guidance.
The department recently conducted the latest Employer Skills Survey, which provides robust assessments of skills shortages across the UK by region and by sector. The results of this survey will be published later in 2018 and will provide insight into different industries’ skill needs. Findings from the previous Employer Skills Survey in 2015, which was run by the UK Commission for...
The Careers & Enterprise Company is doing excellent work across the country with schools, colleges and employers to improve the information, advice and guidance that young people receive on education, training and employment options. This includes funding careers activities in those areas in need of most support. The department’s grant funding allocation for The Careers &...
More of Anne Milton’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Guildford
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
We don't know whether Anne Milton campaigned to leave, or stay in the European Union
- Culture Media and Sport
- Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Small Change Big Difference
- Mental Health Services
- Departmental Telephone Numbers
- Regional Planning and Development: South East
Currently held offices
- Minister of State (Education) (since 12 Jun 2017)
- Member, Commons Reference Group on Representation and Inclusion Committee (since 15 Nov 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Minister for Women (3 Jul 2017 to 16 Jan 2018)
- Member, Committee of Selection (17 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- The Treasurer of Her Majesty's Household (11 May 2015 to 12 Jun 2017)
- Government Whip (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Committee of Selection (9 May 2013 to 17 Jul 2014)
- Government Whip (6 Sep 2012 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (17 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Culture and Tourism) (6 Nov 2006 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 11 Dec 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Anne Milton’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 89.05% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 16 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 180 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Anne Milton’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 265 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from