Sharon Hodgson’s voting in Parliament
Sharon Hodgson is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Sharon Hodgson’s votes.
Consistently voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, between 2010–2017
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
1 vote for, 5 votes against, 7 absences, between 2008–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, between 2010–2016
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 3 votes against, between 2010–2011
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 9 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
13 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2011–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Sharon Hodgson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Sharon Hodgson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Sharon Hodgson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 11 Sep 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how much funding he has allowed for the delivery of the Tobacco Control Plan for England.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what plans he has to fund tobacco cessation services during this Parliament.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will list the people and organisations that those people represent who attended the meeting of 20 July 2017 to discuss setting up an inquiry into the contaminated blood scandal.
More of Sharon Hodgson’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Washington and Sunderland West
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Also represented Gateshead East and Washington West
Topics of interest
Sharon Hodgson campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Work and Pensions
- Children: Day Care
- Special Educational Needs
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Public Health) (since 9 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Education) (8 May 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Equalities) (7 Oct 2013 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (26 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (10 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, North East Regional Select Committee (3 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Dawn Primarolo, Minister of State), Department of Health (27 Nov 2008 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Bob Ainsworth, Minister of State), Ministry of Defence (4 Aug 2008 to 27 Nov 2008)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (26 Nov 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Mr Liam Byrne, Minister of State), Home Office (8 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (12 Dec 2005 to 17 Jul 2006)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (19 Jul 2005 to 5 May 2005)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Sep 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Iridium Consultancy
Address of donor: Suite 10, 9211 Gunnery House, Royal Arsenal, Greenwich SE18 6SW
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: company, registration 05581274
(Registered 06 July 2017
Name of donor: Communication Workers Union York and District Branch
Address of donor: 6 Concept Court, Kettlestring Lane, York YO30 4XF
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,056.24
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 06 July 2017)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from