Crowdfunder – only a few days to go
We’re trying to raise £25,000 to support TheyWorkForYou into the future.
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
A selection of Julia Goldsworthy's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2008
Almost always voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
4 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2007
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2007
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
28 votes for, 4 votes against, 10 absences, between 2006–2009
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2007
Has never voted on encouraging occupational pensions
We have lots more plain English analysis of Julia Goldsworthy’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Julia Goldsworthy’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families how much consultants employed by his Department and its agencies have been paid (a) in total and (b) in reimbursable expenses since its inception.
To ask the Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills how much consultants employed by his Department and its agencies have been paid (a) in total and (b) in reimbursable expenses since its inception.
Does the hon. Gentleman agree that parish councils, which are an important part of local democracy as they are the closest to the communities that they serve, have been specifically and explicitly excluded from the process?
More of Julia Goldsworthy’s recent appearances
Former Liberal Democrat MP for Falmouth and Camborne
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Work and Pensions
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Telephone Services
- Council Tax Benefits
- Departmental Consultants
- Departmental Public Appointments
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, Department for Communities and Local Government (20 Dec 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Chief Secretary To the Treasury, Treasury (21 Mar 2006 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 26 Apr 2006)
- Shadow Minister, Health (1 Jun 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Julia Goldsworthy’s speeches
- Has received answers to 100 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 66.30% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 37 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 274 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Visited Southwark Council, Town Hall, Peckham Road, London, SE5 8UB to observe a Design Review Panel, and as thanks was presented with a book, value: £20. Hours: 2hrs. (Registered 16 July 2009)
Met with US
students who were visiting, and answered any questions they had about the role of an MP
. Received box of chocolates. Hours: 30mins. (Registered 16 July 2009)
8. Land and Property
Flat in London from which I receive rental income.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from