A selection of Christopher Huhne's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Generally voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Has never voted on raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Generally voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Christopher Huhne’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Christopher Huhne’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health if he will make a comparative assessment of the adequacy of out-of-hours NHS services run by private companies and run directly by NHS organisations.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport if he will estimate how many foreign vehicles that have been in the country for more than six months are not registered for UK road tax.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport what steps he plans to take to ensure that foreign vehicles pay road tax after being in the UK for more than six months.
More of Christopher Huhne’s recent appearances
Former Liberal Democrat MP for Eastleigh
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 5 February 2013 — Resigned
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Legislation
- Information Technology
- Departmental Security
- Departments: Air Conditioning
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Home Secretary (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Justice & Lord Chancellor, Ministry of Justice (6 Mar 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Home Affairs, Home Affairs (20 Dec 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Secretary of State for the Environment, Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (21 Mar 2006 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Treasury (1 Jun 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Christopher Huhne’s speeches
- Has received answers to 30 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2013, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.05% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 19 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 119 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 495 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 4 Feb 2013.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Consultant providing advice on business strategy and policy to Nationwide Energy Services Ltd, Matrix Alpha, Northern Boulevard, Matrix Park, Swansea Enterprise Park, Swansea SA6 8RE, a company providing energy saving advice and installations.
Received on 22 October 2012
, £20,500 comprising a £10,000 signature fee and a retainer of £3,500 a month payable in advance for October, November and December 2012
. Hours: estimated at 8 hours a month; 24 hrs in total. (Registered 25 October 2012)
8. Land and Property
Residential and commercial property in the South-East from which rental income is received.(Updated 25 October 2012)
9. Registrable shareholdings
(b) IRISYS, of Towcester, Northants; company makes thermal imagers for process, people and queue monitoring. (Until 5 July 2012
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from