Geoffrey Cox’s voting in Parliament
Geoffrey Cox is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Geoffrey Cox sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Geoffrey Cox voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Geoffrey Cox’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Geoffrey Cox’s full vote analysis page for more.
Geoffrey Cox has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I cannot, as the hon. Lady will know, comment on the content of Cabinet discussions, but she will understand that I regularly meet ministerial colleagues to discuss important issues of common interest. It would be inappropriate for me to comment on the detail of those discussions, and I am bound by the convention that neither the fact nor content of Law Officers’ advice is disclosed outside...
What I can confirm to the hon. Lady is that the Government will obey the law.
If Parliament agrees a deal, having had one brought before this House, that fulfils one of the conditions that means that no extension has to be sought.
More of Geoffrey Cox’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Torridge and West Devon
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Geoffrey Cox campaigned to leave the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Trade and Industry
- Department of Health
- Turbines: Health Hazards
- Wind Power: Planning Permission
- Environmental Stewardship Scheme
- Secure Training Centres: Restraint Techniques
Currently held offices
- The Attorney-General (since 9 Jul 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Standards (9 Sep 2015 to 28 Oct 2015)
- Member, Committee on Standards: Standards Review Sub-Committee (10 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Standards (7 Jan 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (11 Dec 2006 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Geoffrey Cox’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 84.53% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 148 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Geoffrey Cox’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 240 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Sep 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
Practice at the Bar of England and Wales
. All earnings in this capacity were received subject to a deduction of 13.5% for the costs of my chambers.
Payments from Bachubhai Munim & Co Advocates & Solicitors, 312, Tulsiani Chambers, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021:
15 October 2018, received £51,843.59 (no VAT
) for legal services provided between 1 December 2017 and 9 July 2018. Hours: 100 hrs. (Registered 24 October 2018)
Payments from Oracle Solicitors, 182-184 Edgware Road, London W2 2DS:
30 April 2019, received £71,121.60 plus VAT for legal services provided between June 2016 and July 2018. Hours: 400 hrs approx. (Registered 09 May 2019)
28 September 2018, received £425 from Harley Solicitors, of 64 Harley St, London W1G 7HB, for legal services provided between 22 and 24 September 2015. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 24 October 2018)
14 June 2009, received £51,500.01 plus VAT from Messrs Shearman Bowen, Audrey House, 16-20 Ely Place, London EC1N 6SN, for legal services provided between June 2016 and June 2018. Hours: 225 hrs approx. (Registered 03 July 2019)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Joint ownership of farmland in West Devon
: (i) and (ii). (Updated 18 January 2019)
From November 2017, joint ownership of a residential property in London: (i) and (ii).
This is a late entry to which the rectification procedure was applied on 25 February 2019. Paragraph 16 of chapter 4 of the 2015 Guide to the Rules refers. (Registered 15 January 2019; updated 04 April 2019)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Thomas More International Ltd; international law firm. (Registered 05 June 2015)
Thomas More Property Holdings Ltd; property holding company. (Registered 05 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)