We don't know whether Natascha Engel campaigned to leave, or stay in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Natascha Engel’s voting in Parliament
Natascha Engel is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Natascha Engel’s votes.
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Almost always voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Generally voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Natascha Engel’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Natascha Engel’s full vote analysis page for more.
Labour MP for North East Derbyshire
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Dental Services: Standards
- Children: Maintenance
- Public Bills
- Work Capability Assessment
- Single Room Rent Restrictions
Currently held offices
- Second Deputy Chairman of Ways and Means (since 3 Jun 2015)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 3 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Backbench Business Committee (11 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Backbench Business Committee (15 May 2013 to 14 May 2014)
- Chair, Backbench Business Committee (16 May 2012 to 25 Apr 2013)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (19 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Backbench Business Committee (22 Jun 2010 to 1 May 2012)
- Member, Committee on Reform of the House of Commons (20 Jul 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Liam Byrne, Minister of State), Cabinet Office (17 Dec 2008 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Peter Hain, Secretary of State), Department for Work and Pensions (28 Jun 2007 to 24 Jan 2008)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 Nov 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 121 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Natascha Engel’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 0.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 106 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Natascha Engel’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 216 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from