A selection of Andrew Pelling's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2007
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2007
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 3 votes against, 38 absences, between 2006–2009
Has never voted on encouraging occupational pensions
Voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2008
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of Andrew Pelling’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Andrew Pelling’s full vote analysis page for more.
What recent steps his Department has taken to improve the energy efficiency of housing; and if he will make a statement.
Such a Government initiative has been of great benefit to New Addington in Croydon, a significant social housing estate that was excellent for the 1950s in terms of space and good design. What can be done to support the initiative of local people who want the area to become an eco-town? What prospects are there?
When I walk home late at night following late sittings in the House, I often notice birds singing because of the light pollution. Does the Minister think that that is a potential issue, and could any action be taken to deal with that significant distortion to our climate and environment?
More of Andrew Pelling’s recent appearances
Former Independent MP for Croydon Central
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Party was Conservative until 25 Sep 2007
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Education and Skills
- Trade and Industry
- Departmental Staff
- Departmental Staff (Chronic Back Pain)
- Sri Lanka
- Chronic Back Pain
Other offices held in the past
- Member, London Regional Select Committee (15 Dec 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (12 Dec 2006 to 7 Nov 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 108 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Andrew Pelling’s speeches
- Has received answers to 48 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 45.90% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 81 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 169 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Client relationship work for Tokai Tokyo Securities Europe Limited, 40 Basinghall Street, London, EC2V 5DE. Undertake financial securities company work.
Received payment of £6,240.39. Hours: 6hrs. (Registered 11 August 2009
Received payment of £6,240.39. Hours: 6hrs. (Registered 16 September 2009
Received payment of £6,240.39. Hours: 8hrs. (Registered 29 September 2009)
Received payment of £6,240.39. Hours: 12 hrs. (Registered 30 November 2009
Received payment of £12,480.78. Hours: 10 hrs. (Registered 5 February 2010
Received payment of £13,768.42. Hours: 10 hrs. (Registered 9 March 2010
Tokai Tokyo Securities Co. Ltd., 6-2 Nihonbashi 3-chome, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-8275, Japan.
Hours: 11 hrs 40 mins. Related to November 2009 declaration. (15 December 2009
Hours: 10 hrs. Related to 9 March 2010 declaration. (Registered 16 March 2010)
for Reconstruction and Development, 1818 H Street, NW
, Washington, DC
. Hours: 20 mins. Related to November 2009 declaration. (15 December 2009)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from