David Jones’s voting in Parliament
David Jones is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of David Jones’s votes.
Almost always voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
18 votes for, 4 votes against, 4 absences, between 2010–2015
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
0 votes for, 14 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2010–2011
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
21 votes for, 64 votes against, 9 absences, between 2008–2017
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, in 2013
Almost always voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
13 votes for, 0 votes against, 4 absences, between 2012–2014
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Jones’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Jones’s full vote analysis page for more.
David Jones has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 21 Nov 2017
That may well be so, but I invite the hon. Lady to digest the terms of article 126 of the EEA agreement and then consider whether at the moment of our departure from the EU we will still be subject to the EEA agreement. I believe we will not. For the reasons I have outlined, I invite the hon. Member for Carmarthen East and Dinefwr not to press amendment 217, too.
More of David Jones’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Clwyd West
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
David Jones campaigned to leave the European Union
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Departmental Computer Data
- Departmental Publications
- Wind Farms
- Energy: Meters
- HM Revenue and Customs
Currently held offices
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 30 Oct 2017)
- Member, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State (Department for Exiting the European Union) (17 Jul 2016 to 12 Jun 2017)
- Member, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 31 Oct 2016)
- The Secretary of State for Wales (6 Sep 2012 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales (17 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Wales) (8 Nov 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (17 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 22 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all David Jones’s speeches
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 95.83% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 71 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Jones’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 282 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Nov 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from ANMFS Ltd, Northcliffe House, 2 Derry Street, Kensington, London W8 5TT:
10 August, 2017, received £600 for article published in Mail on Sunday. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 14 August 2017
25 October 2017
, received £200 for article published in Mail on Sunday. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 25 October 2017)
3 November 2017
, received payment of £192 from Telegraph Media Group, 111 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0DT, for article published in Sunday Telegraph
. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 06 November 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Leasehold office premises in Llandudno, Conwy: (i).
Tenanted freehold retail premises in Wrexham County Borough
(jointly owned). No registrable rent received: (i).
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from