Theresa Villiers campaigned to leave the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Theresa Villiers’s voting in Parliament
Theresa Villiers is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Theresa Villiers sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Theresa Villiers generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Theresa Villiers’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Theresa Villiers’s full vote analysis page for more.
Theresa Villiers has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I congratulate the Chancellor and his new team. Do they agree that we need a broad coalition of countries around the world if we are to ensure that big businesses start to pay their taxes? Will he give his full support to the work in the OECD, the G20 and the G7 that started at the G8 summit at Fermanagh in 2013?
I warmly congratulate the Secretary of State on his appointment. Will he guarantee to the House that during his tenure as Secretary of State there will be no dilution whatever to the vital protections of the green belt?
Since 2010, my Department has spent £3.96m on information technology and equipment, including IT support and maintenance. This represents expenditure up to the end of the 2015-16 financial year.
More of Theresa Villiers’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Chipping Barnet
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Spending Review (Efficiency Targets)
- Departmental Data Protection
- Aviation: Security
- Departmental Statistics
- Heathrow Airport
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (6 Sep 2012 to 14 Jul 2016)
- The Minister of State, Department for Transport (14 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 16 Jan 2006)
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (10 May 2005 to 3 Jul 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Theresa Villiers’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 61.99% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 20 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 132 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Theresa Villiers’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 688 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from