A selection of Kitty Ussher's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2008
Voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Almost always voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2007
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2007
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2007
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
9 votes for, 1 vote against, 32 absences, between 2006–2009
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kitty Ussher’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kitty Ussher’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health how much his Department has spent on providing building and services at Burnley General Hospital in (a) capital and (b) revenue terms in each of the last 10 years; and how much is projected to be spent in each such category in each of the next five years.
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer pursuant to the answer of 18 March 2010, Official Report, column 195W, on tax allowances: housing, if he will estimate the number of (a) UK taxpayers and (b) hon. Members who varied the nomination of a main residence in order to obtain private residence relief from capital gains tax in each of the last 10 years.
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer what recent estimate he has made of the number of (a) UK taxpayers and (b) hon. Members who varied the nomination of a main residence in order to obtain private residence relief from capital gains tax in each of the last 10 years.
More of Kitty Ussher’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Burnley
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Topics of interest
- Trade and Industry
- Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Small Business Research Initiative
- Pakistan: Entry Clearances
- Clinical Services Review (East Lancashire)
- Postal Voting
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Secretary, HM Treasury (10 Jun 2009 to 18 Jun 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Work and Pensions (6 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Economic Secretary, HM Treasury (28 Jun 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Margaret Hodge MBE, Minister of State), Department of Trade and Industry (20 Nov 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 16 Jan 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Kitty Ussher’s speeches
- Has received answers to 9 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 62.89% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 47 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 113 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from