Charles Walker campaigned to leave the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Charles Walker’s voting in Parliament
Charles Walker is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Charles Walker sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Charles Walker almost always voted against fixed periods between parliamentary elections, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Charles Walker’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Charles Walker’s full vote analysis page for more.
Charles Walker has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
Order. A number of colleagues have intervened who have already spoken. I know that this is a debate, but if they desist from intervening, we may get everyone from their own parties in.
Order. Mr Salmond, we are not having a debate about Mr Speaker, and that goes for all Members. You have made your point. Please return to the substance of the debate, which is Mr Trump’s visit.
Order. We are not dragging the monarch into this debate. All right, colleagues?
More of Charles Walker’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Broxbourne
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Money Laundering: EU Law
- Departmental Ministerial Policy Advisers
- Departmental Data Protection
- Departmental Manpower
Currently held offices
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (since 10 Nov 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Chair, Procedure Committee (since 18 Jun 2015)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 21 Jun 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (17 Oct 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Procedure Committee (17 Oct 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (23 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Draft Marine Bill (Joint Committee) (8 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (26 Feb 2007 to 9 May 2011)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from