Kerry McCarthy campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Kerry McCarthy’s voting in Parliament
Kerry McCarthy is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Kerry McCarthy’s votes.
Almost always voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kerry McCarthy’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kerry McCarthy’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kerry McCarthy has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
As the Chancellor will know, Bristol is making a real contribution to productive growth, not just in the south-west, but across the country. But as the mayor of Bristol said in his response to the autumn statement, “if the government wants a ‘watertight’ UK economy it needs to stop punching holes in local government’s hull.” Will the Government commit to giving...
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, how much in total was paid under the Basic Payments Scheme in England in 2015 for (a) lowlands, (b) severely disadvantaged areas and (c) moorlands; and for each of those areas, how many farmers received such payments and what the (i) average payment per farmer was and (ii) maximum and minimum payments were in each English...
More of Kerry McCarthy’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bristol East
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Sri Lanka
- Bovine Tuberculosis
- Departments: Sign Language
Currently held offices
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (since 31 Oct 2016)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 4 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (14 Sep 2015 to 26 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (7 Oct 2011 to 14 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Opposition Assistant Whip (Commons) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (6 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (10 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, South West Regional Select Committee (3 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Douglas Alexander, Secretary of State), Department for International Development (28 Jun 2007 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Rosie Winterton, Minister of State), Department of Health (11 Jun 2007 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Treasury Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 4 Jun 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from