Kerry McCarthy’s voting in Parliament
Kerry McCarthy is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Kerry McCarthy’s votes.
Consistently voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
0 votes for, 14 votes against, 3 absences, between 2011–2014
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
3 votes for, 15 votes against, 5 absences, between 2010–2015
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 11 votes against, between 2011–2016
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 7 votes against, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2007–2016
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2010–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kerry McCarthy’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kerry McCarthy’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kerry McCarthy has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, whether he plans to extend shared parental leave and pay to self-employed workers.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what recent progress her Department has made on the 25 year (a) food and farming plan and (b) environment plan; and what the timetable is for the publication of each such plan.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what recent assessment he has made of the merits of negotiating Andy Tsege's return to the UK.
More of Kerry McCarthy’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bristol East
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Kerry McCarthy campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Sri Lanka
- Bovine Tuberculosis
- Departments: Sign Language
Currently held offices
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (since 31 Oct 2016)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 4 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (14 Sep 2015 to 26 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (7 Oct 2011 to 14 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Opposition Assistant Whip (Commons) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (6 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (10 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, South West Regional Select Committee (3 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Rt Hon Douglas Alexander, Secretary of State), Department for International Development (28 Jun 2007 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Rosie Winterton, Minister of State), Department of Health (11 Jun 2007 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Treasury Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 4 Jun 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from