Madeleine Moon’s voting in Parliament
Madeleine Moon is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Madeleine Moon’s votes.
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 5 votes against, 6 absences, between 2011–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2011
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2017
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
2 votes for, 10 votes against, 14 absences, between 2010–2015
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
0 votes for, 11 votes against, 1 absence, between 2013–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Madeleine Moon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Madeleine Moon’s full vote analysis page for more.
Madeleine Moon has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
Access to Welfare (Terminal Illness Definition) Bill - 2nd reading – Madeleine Moon.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how many Multi-Role Vehicle (Protected) his Department plans to procure; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, when her Department plans to publish its response to the Supreme Court's ruling on Widowed Parent's Allowance; and if she will make a statement.
More of Madeleine Moon’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bridgend
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Madeleine Moon campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Armed Forces: Sexual Offences
- Navy: Reserve Forces
- Military Bases
- Armed Forces: Training
Currently held offices
- Chair, Defence Sub-Committee (since 12 Sep 2017)
- Member, Defence Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 22 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Defence Sub-Committee (8 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Defence Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (25 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Defence Committee (19 Jan 2009 to 30 Mar 2015)
- PPS (Rt Hon Jim Knight, Minister of State), Department for Children, Schools and Families (11 Nov 2008 to 30 Dec 2008)
- PPS (Jim Knight, Minister of State), Department for Children, Schools and Families (28 Jun 2007 to 11 Nov 2008)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (17 Jul 2005 to 6 Mar 2006)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 Nov 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 15 Oct 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for completing surveys. All fees paid direct to charities in my constituency
5 October 2017
, payment of £150 for two surveys in July and September 2017. Hours: 2 hrs in total. (Registered 08 November 2017)
7 November 2017, payment of £75 for a survey in June 2017. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 08 November 2017)
Payments from Ipsos MORI
, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, for completing surveys. All fees paid direct to charities in my constituency:
25 January 2017, payment of £200. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 09 January 2018
30 December 2017
, payment of £200. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 09 January 2018)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in London: (i) and (ii).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from