Madeleine Moon’s voting in Parliament
Madeleine Moon is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Madeleine Moon’s votes.
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Generally voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, 8 absences, between 2011–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2011
Almost always voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
0 votes for, 13 votes against, 4 absences, between 2012–2014
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
2 votes for, 10 votes against, 14 absences, between 2010–2015
Generally voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
2 votes for, 24 votes against, 28 absences, between 2012–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Madeleine Moon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Madeleine Moon’s full vote analysis page for more.
Madeleine Moon has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, if he will make representations to the Government of Colombia on reports of anti-narcotics police firing on a UN-led humanitarian mission investigating the killing of farmers in Tumaco.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what steps his Department is taking proactively to monitor Democratic People's Republic of Korea foreign-flagged ships in order to ensure enforcement of the mandate to inspect their cargo; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, if he will detail the steps his Department is taking to ensure the close monitoring of ships registered to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea which change their (a) ship names, (b) flag, (c) company name and (d) reported beneficial owner; and if he will make a statement.
More of Madeleine Moon’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bridgend
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Madeleine Moon campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Armed Forces: Sexual Offences
- Military Bases
- Armed Forces: Training
Currently held offices
- Member, Defence Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 22 Jun 2017)
- Member, Defence Sub-Committee (since 4 May 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Defence Sub-Committee (8 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Defence Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (25 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Defence Committee (19 Jan 2009 to 30 Mar 2015)
- PPS (Rt Hon Jim Knight, Minister of State), Department for Children, Schools and Families (11 Nov 2008 to 30 Dec 2008)
- PPS (Jim Knight, Minister of State), Department for Children, Schools and Families (28 Jun 2007 to 11 Nov 2008)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (17 Jul 2005 to 6 Mar 2006)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 Nov 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Oct 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: GMB
Address of donor: Garley House, 17 Newport Road, Cardiff CF24 0TB
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 04 July 2017
Name of donor: All-Party Parliamentary Group
for the Polar Regions
(with sponsorship from the Prince Albert II
of Monaco Foundation and the Mamont Foundation)
Address of donor: House of Commons
, London SW1A 0AA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): economy class return flight £460.20; accommodation and food £449.63; travel around Svalbard £454.21; total £1364.04
Destination of visit: Svalbard, Norway
Dates of visit: 28 August – 1 September 2017
Purpose of visit: To visit British scientists at the NERC
Arctic Research station in Ny-Ålesund and learn more about Britain’s contribution to polar science.
(Registered 06 September 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in London: (i) and (ii).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from