Dawn Butler’s voting in Parliament
Dawn Butler is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Dawn Butler sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Dawn Butler consistently voted against greater regulation of gambling, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Dawn Butler generally voted for greater autonomy for schools, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Dawn Butler generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Dawn Butler’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Dawn Butler’s full vote analysis page for more.
Last updated: 19 Apr 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many applications to the National Dental Performers List are awaiting processing.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what plans her Department has to make British medical aid available to the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
On a point of order, Mr Speaker. I seek your guidance on the Prime Minister’s statement yesterday to the House, in which she stated that “leaving the election to 2020 would mean that we would be coming to the most sensitive and critical part of the negotiations in the run-up to a general election. That would be in nobody’s interests.”—[Official Report, 19 April...
More of Dawn Butler’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Brent Central
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Also represented Brent South
Topics of interest
Dawn Butler campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Department
- Department of Health
- Ministry of Justice
- Home Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Identity Cards
- NHS: Employment Agencies
- Employment Tribunals Service: Fees and Charges
- Personal Income
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Equalities Office) (Diverse Communities) (since 14 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Equalities Office) (Diverse Communities) (6 Oct 2016 to 1 Feb 2017)
- Parliamentary Secretary, Cabinet Office (3 Nov 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Cabinet Office) (Young Citizens and Youth Engagement) (30 Oct 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Assistant Whip (17 Sep 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (12 Sep 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 26 Jan 2009)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (7 Nov 2007 to 28 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Rt Hon Jane Kennedy, Minister of State), Department of Health (10 Nov 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (13 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
13 January 2017
, received £1,120 from Princess Productions Ltd, 151 Queensway, London W2 4YN, for appearing as a panellist on the Wright Stuff. Hours: 8 hrs. (Registered 17 January 2017)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Asian Trader Productions Ltd
Address of donor: 1 Silex Street, London SE1 0DW
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: New Year Calendars with a value of £5,000
Donor status: company, registration 1716184
(Registered 19 December 2016
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Newham: (i). (Registered 08 June 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from