Tobias Ellwood’s voting in Parliament
Tobias Ellwood is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Tobias Ellwood sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Tobias Ellwood generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Tobias Ellwood’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Tobias Ellwood’s full vote analysis page for more.
Tobias Ellwood has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
As stated in the announcement in 2016, the plans laid out are subject to revision as work continues. Given the scale of the strategy and the fact that it will be delivered over 25 years, plans continue to be refined throughout the life of the programme to best support operational capability. During the course of the programme, detailed assessment studies, work with local authorities and the...
The Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment Regulations) 2014 will apply to members of the Defence Fire and Rescue Service under any future contractual arrangements, including existing pay structures.
As part of the Defence Fire and Rescue Project the Ministry of Defence developed an 'in-house' value for money Benchmark. This was developed by an independent team made up of Civil Service personnel and fire officers who had access to independent consultancy support; this team was separate from the Defence Fire and Rescue Project Team. This work was conducted with the same project requirement...
More of Tobias Ellwood’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bournemouth East
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Tobias Ellwood campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Culture Media and Sport
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Afghanistan: Peacekeeping Operations
- Aircraft Carriers
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (since 14 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs (15 Jul 2014 to 14 Jun 2017)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (2 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 23 Jan 2006)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 May 2005 to 2 Jul 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 22 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Tobias Ellwood’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.63% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 120 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Tobias Ellwood’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 963 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jul 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Nicholas Addyman
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500 towards my election fighting fund
Donor status: individual
(Registered 13 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from