Tobias Ellwood’s voting in Parliament
Tobias Ellwood is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Tobias Ellwood sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Tobias Ellwood generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Tobias Ellwood’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Tobias Ellwood’s full vote analysis page for more.
Tobias Ellwood has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 18 Dec 2017
Defence: Armed Forces Covenant Annual Report 2017.
Witnesses: Rt Hon Tobias Ellwood MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Ministry of Defence Helen Helliwell, Head of Service Personnel Support, Ministry of Defence
We continue to monitor and make assessments on these and other foreign missile capabilities that could pose a threat to UK interests both now and in the future. For reasons of safeguarding national security we do not comment on specific assessments.
A list containing the main Royal Navy/Royal Marines and Royal Air Force Armed Forces Reserve units based in Scotland is provided below. Reserve Unit Location Royal Navy HMS SCOTIA MOD Caledonia, Rosyth, Dundee, Fife HMS DALRIADA Govern, Glasgow Royal Marine RMR Scotland HQ MOD Caledonia, Rosyth, Govern, Glasgow (collocated with RNR Unit), Dundee, Fife, Aberdeen Royal...
More of Tobias Ellwood’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bournemouth East
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Tobias Ellwood campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Culture Media and Sport
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Afghanistan: Peacekeeping Operations
- Aircraft Carriers
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (since 14 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs (15 Jul 2014 to 14 Jun 2017)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (2 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 23 Jan 2006)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 May 2005 to 2 Jul 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Tobias Ellwood’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 89.74% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 119 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Tobias Ellwood’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 921 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Feb 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Nicholas Addyman
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500 towards my election fighting fund
Donor status: individual
(Registered 13 July 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from