Tobias Ellwood’s voting in Parliament
Tobias Ellwood is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Tobias Ellwood sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Tobias Ellwood generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Tobias Ellwood’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Tobias Ellwood’s full vote analysis page for more.
Tobias Ellwood has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
Holding answer received on 14 January 2019 The number of notices of contravention which have been issued to the Ministry of Defence by the Health and Safety Executive relating to Heat Injury, and which have been centrally reported are: 2012 2013 1 2014 2015 2016 2017 1 The remainder of the information requested could not be collated in the time...
Holding answer received on 14 January 2019 It is long standing policy of this Government and of previous Governments, not to comment on UK special forces.
Holding answer received on 14 January 2019 Between 2012-2017 only one Service Inquiry was conducted, in 2015, where heat illness was specifically found to be a causal or contributory factor following a military exercise.
More of Tobias Ellwood’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bournemouth East
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Tobias Ellwood campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Culture Media and Sport
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Afghanistan: Peacekeeping Operations
- Aircraft Carriers
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (since 14 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs (15 Jul 2014 to 14 Jun 2017)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (2 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 23 Jan 2006)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 May 2005 to 2 Jul 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Tobias Ellwood’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 87.03% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 113 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Tobias Ellwood’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 995 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)