David Anderson campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
David Anderson’s voting in Parliament
David Anderson is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of David Anderson’s votes.
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 5 absences, between 2007–2016
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 10 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Generally voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
1 vote for, 28 votes against, 22 absences, between 2011–2016
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
0 votes for, 12 votes against, between 2013–2016
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
3 votes for, 5 votes against, 5 absences, between 2011–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Anderson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Anderson’s full vote analysis page for more.
David Anderson has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
May I start by asking the House to accept the Labour leader’s heartfelt apologies for his mistaken statement last week, when he said that a member of the Police Service of Northern Ireland had been killed? I am sure the House will agree that we all want to see the officer make good progress. We wish him and his family well. There is no doubt that political instability worries...
On Monday, I met a woman whose mother was killed 46 years ago and who asked me to ask the Secretary of State whether he understood that there can be no real peace unless we deal with the past. To that end and as a start, will the right hon. Gentleman commit to raise with the Irish Government the need to ensure the fullest possible public access to the papers relating to the Kingsmill murders...
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, whether it is her Department's policy to provide information to prisoners and their families in the event of their transfer to another prison; and by what mechanism prisoners and their families can appeal a prison transfer.
More of David Anderson’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Blaydon
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Department of Health
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Manpower
- Unmanned Air Vehicles
- Departmental Billing
- Trade Unions
- Industrial Diseases: Compensation
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Scotland (since 4 Jul 2016)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (since 27 Jun 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (14 Jan 2016 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 5 Sep 2016)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 1 Feb 2016)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (30 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (10 Jun 2013 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (12 Jun 2012 to 25 Apr 2013)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (24 Oct 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Opposition Assistant Whip (Commons) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 20 Dec 2010)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (29 Jun 2010 to 3 Nov 2010)
- Member, North East Regional Select Committee (3 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Bill Rammell, Minister of State), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (16 Oct 2008 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Bill Rammell, Minister of State), Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills (28 Jun 2007 to 16 Oct 2008)
- PPS (Bill Rammell, Minister of State), Department for Education and Skills (20 Nov 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Procedure Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 30 Oct 2006)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Feb 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for completing surveys. All fees are donated directly to Blaydon CLP
. (Registered 16 September 2016
8 April 2016
, payment of £100 for completing January 2016 Survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 16 September 2016)
9 May 2016
, payment of £75 for completing February 2016
Survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 16 September 2016)
22 July 2016
, payment of £75 for completing April 2016 Survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 16 September 2016)
13 December 2016
, payment of £75 for completing October 2016 Survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 19 January 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from