David Anderson campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
David Anderson’s voting in Parliament
David Anderson is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of David Anderson’s votes.
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Anderson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Anderson’s full vote analysis page for more.
David Anderson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, if he will discuss with energy companies the potential exclusion of customers who cannot access IT services from cheaper tariffs.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, which regions have agreed or are developing plans for devolved government without the need for an elected mayor.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what criteria he uses to decide whether a region can agree a devolution deal without a regional mayor.
More of David Anderson’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Blaydon
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Department of Health
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Manpower
- Unmanned Air Vehicles
- Departmental Billing
- Trade Unions
- Industrial Diseases: Compensation
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Scotland (since 4 Jul 2016)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (since 27 Jun 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (14 Jan 2016 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 5 Sep 2016)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 1 Feb 2016)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (30 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (10 Jun 2013 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (12 Jun 2012 to 25 Apr 2013)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (24 Oct 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Opposition Assistant Whip (Commons) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 20 Dec 2010)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (29 Jun 2010 to 3 Nov 2010)
- Member, North East Regional Select Committee (3 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Bill Rammell, Minister of State), Foreign & Commonwealth Office (16 Oct 2008 to 16 Jan 2009)
- PPS (Bill Rammell, Minister of State), Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills (28 Jun 2007 to 16 Oct 2008)
- PPS (Bill Rammell, Minister of State), Department for Education and Skills (20 Nov 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Procedure Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 30 Oct 2006)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from