Helen Goodman campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Helen Goodman’s voting in Parliament
Helen Goodman is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Helen Goodman sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Helen Goodman generally voted for a transparent Parliament, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Helen Goodman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Helen Goodman’s full vote analysis page for more.
Helen Goodman has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Were we to leave the customs union, the businesses exporting 44% of our exports to the EU would face extra costs for compliance with the rules of origin, which the OECD estimates at 25%. Does the Secretary of State not agree that membership of the customs union is even more important than membership of the single market?
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what recent progress his Department has made in negotiations on phase IV of the EU Emissions Trading Scheme.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, pursuant to the Answer of 11 October 2016 to Question 46577 which foreign jurisdictions have made use of the information and resources to which she refers during the last five years; and how much has been received from such jurisdictions in fees.
More of Helen Goodman’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bishop Auckland
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Work and Pensions
- Children: Maintenance
- Departmental Ministerial Policy Advisers
Currently held offices
- Member, Procedure Committee (since 1 Feb 2016)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (since 28 Oct 2015)
- Member, Treasury Committee (since 8 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (3 Dec 2014 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (7 Oct 2011 to 3 Dec 2014)
- Member, Procedure Committee (1 Mar 2011 to 27 Jan 2014)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (26 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Work and Pensions) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (5 Oct 2008 to 9 Jun 2009)
- Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (2 Jul 2007 to 5 Oct 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Harriet Harman QC, Minister of State), Ministry of Justice (12 Jun 2007 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Draft Climate Change Bill (Joint Committee) (18 Mar 2007 to 3 Aug 2007)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 4 Jun 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 17 Oct 2016.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: National Union of Journalists
Address of donor: Headland House, 308-312 Grays Inn Road, London WC1X 8DP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £15,700 in paying Union Services (Parliamentary Consultancy) for the administration and co-ordination of the NUJ Parliamentary Group, of which I am the Chair; £1,200 for 27 October to 1 December 2015
and £14,500 for 2 December 2015 to 1 December 2016
Date received: 27 October 2015
Date accepted: 27 October 2015
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 04 November 2015
Name of donor: The Bilderberg Association
Address of donor: c/o 2 St James
's Place, London SW1A 1NP
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flight valued at £636 and accommodation valued at £1,166.26; £1,802.26 in total
Destination of visit: Dresden
Date of visit: 9-12 June 2016
Purpose of visit: To attend Bilderberg conference
(Registered 16 June 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from