Helen Goodman’s voting in Parliament
Helen Goodman is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Helen Goodman sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Helen Goodman generally voted for a transparent Parliament, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Helen Goodman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Helen Goodman’s full vote analysis page for more.
Helen Goodman has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
It is a pleasure to see you in the Chair, Mr Robertson. I congratulate my hon. Friend the Member for Rhondda (Chris Bryant) on securing the debate and on his excellent introduction and thorough understanding of the situation. He detailed the long conflict, the deaths and displacement caused, and the recent further destabilisation caused by large numbers of refugees from Venezuela, as well as...
I am very impressed by my hon. Friend’s speech. Does he know which British corporations are doing this? It would be extremely helpful to the House if he could name them.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, when he plans to publish the responses to the public consultation, Proposals for the creation of a Major Road Network, published in December 2017.
More of Helen Goodman’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bishop Auckland
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Helen Goodman campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Culture Media and Sport
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- HM Treasury
- Children: Maintenance
- Ethiopia: Female Genital Mutilation
Currently held offices
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (since 31 Oct 2017)
- Member, Procedure Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (since 6 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure Committee (1 Feb 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (28 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Treasury Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (3 Dec 2014 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (7 Oct 2011 to 3 Dec 2014)
- Member, Procedure Committee (1 Mar 2011 to 27 Jan 2014)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (26 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Work and Pensions) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (5 Oct 2008 to 9 Jun 2009)
- Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (2 Jul 2007 to 5 Oct 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Harriet Harman QC, Minister of State), Ministry of Justice (12 Jun 2007 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Draft Climate Change Bill (Joint Committee) (18 Mar 2007 to 3 Aug 2007)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 4 Jun 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from