Helen Goodman’s voting in Parliament
Helen Goodman is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Helen Goodman sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Helen Goodman generally voted for a transparent Parliament, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Helen Goodman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Helen Goodman’s full vote analysis page for more.
Helen Goodman has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
Freehold estate fees – Helen Goodman.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what recent assessment he has made of effect on Guatemala of that country's withdrawal from the International Commission Against Impunity in Guatemala.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what recent discussions he has had with his counterpart in the Philippines on the safety of human rights defenders in that country.
More of Helen Goodman’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bishop Auckland
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Helen Goodman campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Culture Media and Sport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- HM Treasury
- Children: Maintenance
- Ethiopia: Female Genital Mutilation
Currently held offices
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (since 31 Oct 2017)
- Member, Procedure Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (since 6 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure Committee (1 Feb 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (28 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Treasury Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (3 Dec 2014 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (7 Oct 2011 to 3 Dec 2014)
- Member, Procedure Committee (1 Mar 2011 to 27 Jan 2014)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (26 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Work and Pensions) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (5 Oct 2008 to 9 Jun 2009)
- Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (2 Jul 2007 to 5 Oct 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Harriet Harman QC, Minister of State), Ministry of Justice (12 Jun 2007 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Draft Climate Change Bill (Joint Committee) (18 Mar 2007 to 3 Aug 2007)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 4 Jun 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)