David Evennett’s voting in Parliament
David Evennett is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, David Evennett sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Evennett’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Evennett’s full vote analysis page for more.
David Evennett has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
If she will make a statement on her departmental responsibilities.
I join my right hon. Friend in the comments that she has just made. Strike action in schools has caused significant disruption to children and parents in my constituency and resulted in the loss of some 25 million school days across the country. I welcome the part that my right hon. Friend played in bringing the dispute to an end, with the largest pay award for teachers in 30 years. However,...
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what steps her Department is taking to reduce the average processing time for asylum claims.
More of David Evennett’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bexleyheath and Crayford
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Also represented Erith and Crayford
Topics of interest
David Evennett campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Dartford-Thurrock Crossing
- Crossrail Line
- Thames Gateway Bridge
Currently held offices
- Member, European Statutory Instruments Committee (since 10 Feb 2020)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Lifelong Learning (Higher Education Fee Limits) Bill Committee (15 Mar 2023 to 23 Mar 2023)
- The Lord Commissioner of HM Treasury ( 7 Sep 2022 to 27 Oct 2022)
- Member, Committee of Selection (14 Jul 2022 to 18 Oct 2022)
- Assistant Whip ( 8 Jul 2022 to 7 Sep 2022)
- Member, Animal Welfare (Sentience) Bill [HL] Committee ( 9 Feb 2022 to 10 Feb 2022)
- Member, Taxis and Private Hire Vehicles (Disabled Persons) Bill Committee ( 2 Feb 2022 to 9 Feb 2022)
- Member, European Statutory Instruments Committee (18 Jul 2018 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Procedure Committee (22 Jan 2018 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Committee of Selection (12 Sep 2017 to 12 Sep 2017)
- Member, Committee of Selection (12 Sep 2017 to 11 Jan 2018)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport ( 1 Jan 2016 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, Committee of Selection (17 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Administration Committee (28 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee of Selection ( 9 May 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Lord Commissioner of HM Treasury ( 6 Sep 2012 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 16 Jan 2006)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 May 2005 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Member, Education, Science & Arts Committee ( 8 Apr 1986 to 16 Mar 1992)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)