David Evennett’s voting in Parliament
David Evennett is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, David Evennett sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
David Evennett generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Evennett’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Evennett’s full vote analysis page for more.
David Evennett has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
Conservative MP for Bexleyheath and Crayford
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
David Evennett campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Thames Gateway Bridge
- Roads: Accidents
- Apprentices: Bexley
Currently held offices
- Government Whip (since 6 Sep 2012)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (1 Jan 2016 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, Committee of Selection (17 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Administration Committee (28 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee of Selection (9 May 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 16 Jan 2006)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 May 2005 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Member, Education, Science & Arts Committee (8 Apr 1986 to 16 Mar 1992)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all David Evennett’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 99 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Evennett’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 154 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from