Nadine Dorries’s voting in Parliament
Nadine Dorries is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Nadine Dorries sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Nadine Dorries consistently voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nadine Dorries’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nadine Dorries’s full vote analysis page for more.
Nadine Dorries has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
I apologise for intervening so soon after arriving in the Chamber. Does my right hon. Friend not agree that most of these issues will be taken care of in the great repeal Bill anyway?
Order. Absolutely not. Mr MacNeil, if you wish to intervene in a debate, you should arrive at the beginning, not halfway through in order to do nothing other than make an intervention on behalf of the gallery. I am not allowing it.
No, absolutely not.
More of Nadine Dorries’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mid Bedfordshire
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Nadine Dorries campaigned to leave the European Union
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy Efficiency
Currently held offices
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 22 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Panel of Chairs (26 May 2011 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 27 Jun 2011)
- Member, Commons Science and Technology Committee (1 Oct 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Innovation, Universities, Science and Skills Committee (10 Mar 2008 to 30 Sep 2009)
- Member, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 10 Mar 2008)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (2 Jul 2007 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 11 Dec 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
- Chairman, Small Charitable Donations and Childcare Payments Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Technical and Further Education Bill Committee (4 out of 8)
- Chairman, Local Audit (Public Access to Documents) Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Investigatory Powers Bill Committee (6 out of 16)
- Chairman, Childcare Bill Committee (2 out of 4)
- Chairman, Policing and Crime Bill Committee (1 out of 13)
- Chairman, Taxation of Pensions Bill Committee (3 out of 4)
- Chairman, Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Bill Committee (1 out of 16)
- Chairman, Offender Rehabilitation Bill Committee (3 out of 6)
- Chairman, Crime and Courts Bill Committee (6 out of 13)
- Policing and Crime Bill Committee (12 out of 16)
- Regulatory Enforcement and Sanctions Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Sale of Student Loans Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Planning-gain Supplement (Preparations) Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- Child Maintenance and Other Payments Bill Committee (9 out of 11)
- Health Bill Committee (11 out of 12)
- Education and Inspections Bill Committee (21 out of 21)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Nadine Dorries’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Responsiveness to messages sent via WriteToThem.com in 2015: MP did not accept messages via WriteToThem.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 24 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 133 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nadine Dorries’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 195 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
From February 2016 until January 2018
, as an author, payments from Head of Zeus Publishing; a client of Averbrook Ltd. Address: 45-47 Clerkenwell Green London EC1R 0HT, via Sheil Land, 52 Doughty Street
. London WC1N
2LS. From October 2016
, I will receive a regular payment of £13,000 per month (previously £11,000). Hours: 12 non-consecutive hrs per week. Any additional payments are listed below. (Updated 20 January 2016
and 14 October 2016)
6 July 2016
, received an advance payment of £52,280 for my next book. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 14 July 2016)
13 October 2016, received £48,000 royalty payment. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 14 October 2016)
3 April 2017
, received £20,000 royalty payment. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 28 April 2017)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Director and shareholder of Averbrook, a writing and media consultancy. (Registered 10 June 2013
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my daughter, Jennifer Dorries, as Senior Secretary.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from