Nadine Dorries’s voting in Parliament
Nadine Dorries is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Nadine Dorries sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Nadine Dorries consistently voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nadine Dorries’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nadine Dorries’s full vote analysis page for more.
Nadine Dorries has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 25 Jun 2019
Step-free access at Flitwick station – Nadine Dorries.
Thank you, Mr Chope. I had no intention of speaking today as I came to listen and learn, but I feel compelled to respond to the comments about Woburn Safari Park and make some other points. The hon. Member for Bristol East (Kerry McCarthy) is no longer in her place, but she said concerns were raised about Woburn. Woburn is in my constituency. As the local MP, I have not heard about or been...
I have applied to speak, but in case there is not time, I could not let the point about Zambia go. I lived in that country many years ago, in the Luangwa Valley, which was a game reserve and which, as my hon. Friend pointed out, is now totally depleted of the richness that it had years ago. Does he agree that, were we to ban—as Ségolène Royal has done in France, and as has been done in...
More of Nadine Dorries’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mid Bedfordshire
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Nadine Dorries campaigned to leave the European Union
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy Efficiency
Currently held offices
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 22 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Panel of Chairs (26 May 2011 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 27 Jun 2011)
- Member, Commons Science and Technology Committee (1 Oct 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Innovation, Universities, Science and Skills Committee (10 Mar 2008 to 30 Sep 2009)
- Member, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 10 Mar 2008)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (2 Jul 2007 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 11 Dec 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
- Chairman, Rating (Property in Common Occupation) and Council Tax (Empty Dwellings) Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Finance (No.3) Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Chairman, Parliamentary Constituencies (Amendment) Bill Committee (14 out of 32)
- Chairman, Armed Forces (Flexible Working) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Finance (No. 3) Bill Committee (3 out of 7)
- Chairman, Technical and Further Education Bill Committee (4 out of 8)
- Chairman, Local Audit (Public Access to Documents) Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Small Charitable Donations and Childcare Payments Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Childcare Bill Committee (2 out of 4)
- Chairman, Policing and Crime Bill Committee (1 out of 13)
- Chairman, Investigatory Powers Bill Committee (6 out of 16)
- Chairman, Taxation of Pensions Bill Committee (3 out of 4)
- Chairman, Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Bill Committee (1 out of 16)
- Chairman, Offender Rehabilitation Bill Committee (3 out of 6)
- Chairman, Crime and Courts Bill Committee (6 out of 13)
- Policing and Crime Bill Committee (12 out of 16)
- Sale of Student Loans Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Regulatory Enforcement and Sanctions Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Child Maintenance and Other Payments Bill Committee (9 out of 11)
- Planning-gain Supplement (Preparations) Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- Health Bill Committee (11 out of 12)
- Education and Inspections Bill Committee (21 out of 21)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Nadine Dorries’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Responsiveness to messages sent via WriteToThem.com in 2015: MP did not accept messages via WriteToThem.
- Has voted in 70.34% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 125 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nadine Dorries’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 210 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 15 Jul 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
From February 2016, as an author, payments from Head of Zeus Publishing; a client of Averbrook Ltd. Address: 45-47 Clerkenwell Green London EC1R 0HT, via Sheil Land, 52 Doughty Street
. London WC1N
2LS. From October 2016 until July 2018, I will receive a regular payment of £13,000 per month (previously £11,000). Hours: 12 non-consecutive hrs per week. Any additional payments are listed below. (Updated 20 January 2016, 14 October 2016 and 2 March 2018)
12 November 2018, received £9,641 in royalties. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 14 November 2018)
18 February 2019, received £61,200 advance payment for a new book. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 27 February 2019)
1 February 2019, received £7,920 from ITV
, 2 Waterhouse Square, 138-142 Holborn, London EC1N 2AE, for the filming of a documentary in 2018. Hours: 25 hrs. (Registered 28 February 2019)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Director and shareholder of Averbrook, a writing and media consultancy. (Registered 10 June 2013)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my daughter, Jennifer Dorries, as Senior Parliamentary Assistant. (Updated 15 April 2019)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)