Nadine Dorries’s voting in Parliament
Nadine Dorries is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Nadine Dorries sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Nadine Dorries consistently voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nadine Dorries’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nadine Dorries’s full vote analysis page for more.
Last updated: 19 Apr 2017
Order. Absolutely not. Mr MacNeil, if you wish to intervene in a debate, you should arrive at the beginning, not halfway through in order to do nothing other than make an intervention on behalf of the gallery. I am not allowing it.
No, absolutely not.
Before I call the Minister, I ask him to please leave a few minutes at the end for Mr Foster to wind up the debate. That would be much appreciated.
More of Nadine Dorries’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mid Bedfordshire
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Topics of interest
Nadine Dorries campaigned to leave the European Union
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy Efficiency
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Panel of Chairs (26 May 2011 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 27 Jun 2011)
- Member, Commons Science and Technology Committee (1 Oct 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (19 Jan 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Innovation, Universities, Science and Skills Committee (10 Mar 2008 to 30 Sep 2009)
- Member, Innovation, Universities and Skills Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 10 Mar 2008)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (2 Jul 2007 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Education & Skills Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 11 Dec 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
- Chairman, Technical and Further Education Bill Committee (4 out of 8)
- Chairman, Local Audit (Public Access to Documents) Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Small Charitable Donations and Childcare Payments Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Childcare Bill Committee (2 out of 4)
- Chairman, Policing and Crime Bill Committee (1 out of 13)
- Chairman, Investigatory Powers Bill Committee (6 out of 16)
- Chairman, Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Bill Committee (1 out of 16)
- Chairman, Taxation of Pensions Bill Committee (3 out of 4)
- Chairman, Offender Rehabilitation Bill Committee (3 out of 6)
- Chairman, Crime and Courts Bill Committee (6 out of 13)
- Policing and Crime Bill Committee (12 out of 16)
- Sale of Student Loans Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Regulatory Enforcement and Sanctions Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Planning-gain Supplement (Preparations) Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- Child Maintenance and Other Payments Bill Committee (9 out of 11)
- Education and Inspections Bill Committee (21 out of 21)
- Health Bill Committee (11 out of 12)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
From February 2016 until January 2018
, as an author, payments from Head of Zeus Publishing; a client of Averbrook Ltd. Address: 45-47 Clerkenwell Green London EC1R 0HT, via Sheil Land, 52 Doughty Street
. London WC1N
2LS. From October 2016
, I will receive a regular payment of £13,000 per month (previously £11,000). Hours: 12 non-consecutive hrs per week. Any additional payments are listed below. (Updated 20 January 2016
and 14 October 2016)
6 July 2016
, received an advance payment of £52,280 for my next book. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 14 July 2016)
13 October 2016, received £48,000 royalty payment. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 14 October 2016)
3 April 2017
, received £20,000 royalty payment. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 28 April 2017)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Director and shareholder of Averbrook, a writing and media consultancy. (Registered 10 June 2013
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my daughter, Jennifer Dorries, as Senior Secretary.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from