Crowdfunder – only a few days to go
We’re trying to raise £25,000 to support TheyWorkForYou into the future.
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
Sammy Wilson’s voting in Parliament
Sammy Wilson is a DUP MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other DUP MPs.
However, Sammy Wilson sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Sammy Wilson generally voted against financial incentives for low carbon emission electricity generation methods, while most DUP MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Sammy Wilson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Sammy Wilson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Sammy Wilson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Does the Minister accept that it is not the percentage of the purchase cost that is important but the running costs per year? If a vehicle is being used on the road an average of 3,000 miles a year, a duty of more than £2,000—nearly 60p or 70p a mile—is a substantial increase in its running costs.
Does the hon. Lady agree that because motorhomes are used on average for only 31 days each year, a tax of £70 a day is not likely to produce the kind of result that she is talking about?
This week, thousands of climate hypocrites will zoom into Davos in hundreds of private jets to lecture the world about stopping the consumption of fossil fuels, oblivious to their own hypocritical behaviour. Will the Secretary of State assure us that she will not heed any of the calls for policies that would cost jobs in our energy-intensive industries, add costs to the fuel prices of the...
More of Sammy Wilson’s recent appearances
DUP MP for East Antrim, Former DUP MLA for East Antrim
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Entered the Assembly on 25 June 1998 — General election
Left the Assembly on 11 August 2015 — Resigned
Also represented Belfast East
Topics of interest
Sammy Wilson campaigned to leave the European Union
- Northern Ireland
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Energy and Climate Change
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Education and Library Boards
- Police Service of Northern Ireland
- Fuels: Tax Evasion
- Antisocial Behaviour Orders
- Welfare Tax Credits
Currently held offices
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Brexit) (since 1 Jul 2017)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (since 8 May 2015)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Treasury) (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Exiting the European Union (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Committee on Exiting the European Union (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Education) (8 May 2015 to 8 Jun 2017)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Treasury) (12 May 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Education) (12 May 2010 to 30 Mar 2012)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (1 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Transport Committee (10 Nov 2008 to 9 Nov 2009)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Innovation, Universities and Skills) (1 Jun 2007 to 1 Jun 2008)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) (1 Jun 2007 to 1 Jun 2009)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Education) (1 Jun 2007 to 1 Jun 2010)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 10 Nov 2008)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) (1 Jun 2005 to 1 Jun 2007)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Education) (1 Jun 2003 to 1 Jun 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Nov 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for completing surveys. All payments donated to charity:
20 December 2018, payment of £75. Hours: 15 mins. (Registered 25 January 2019)
Payments received from YouGov
plc, 50 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8RT for opinion surveys. All payments donated to charity.
6 December 2018, received £100. Hours: 15 mins. (Registered 06 December 2018)
Payments from Populus, 10 Northburgh Street, London EC1V 0AT, for completing surveys. All payments donated to charity:
11 January 2018, payment of £60. Hours: 15 mins. (Registered 24 January 2019)
6 February 2018, payment of £50. Hours: 15 mins. (Registered 24 January 2019)
22 March 2018, payment of £50. Hours: 15 mins. (Registered 24 January 2019)
20 April 2018, payment of £50. Hours: 15 mins. (Registered 24 January 2019)
4 September 2018, payment of £50. Hours: 15 mins. (Registered 24 January 2019)
5 September 2018, payment of £50. Hours: 15 mins. (Registered 24 January 2019)
6 December 2018, payment of £50. Hours: 15 mins. (Registered 24 January 2019)
29 May 2019, payment of £1,000 from PLMR Ltd (media relations), 29 Gt Smith Street, London SW1P3BL, for an after breakfast speech. Hours: 30 mins. Fee paid direct to charity. (Registered 29 May 2019)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)