Iain Wright campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Iain Wright’s voting in Parliament
Iain Wright is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Iain Wright’s votes.
Consistently voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Consistently voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Iain Wright’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Iain Wright’s full vote analysis page for more.
Iain Wright has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mrs Gillan. I congratulate my hon. Friend the Member for Cardiff South and Penarth (Stephen Doughty) on securing this debate. He has been a strong and doughty champion of the steel industry. [Interruption.] Mrs Gillan, I’ll get my coat. In my contribution, I will focus on the events and the circumstances regarding the pipe mills at...
I think that is the kindest thing that anybody has ever said to me. The Secretary of State fully appreciates that uncertainty lasting for months and years will drain business investment away from Britain. In our Select Committee this morning, Funding Circle told us that an £100 million investment deal with a European consortium will now not go ahead—it has been pulled, and it will...
More of Iain Wright’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Hartlepool
Entered the House of Commons on 30 September 2004 — Byelection
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Wind Power: Seas and Oceans
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- Green Investment Bank
- Departmental NDPBs
- Manufacturing Industries
Currently held offices
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (since 10 Feb 2016)
- Chair, Education, Skills and the Economy Sub-Committee (since 1 Dec 2015)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (since 30 Nov 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Chair, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (since 18 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (7 Oct 2011 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (14-19 Reform and Apprenticeships) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Children, Schools and Families) (14-19 Reform and Apprenticeships) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Communities and Local Government) (29 Jun 2007 to 9 Jun 2009)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (15 Jan 2007 to 6 Nov 2007)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (7 Dec 2006 to 1 Jul 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Rosie Winterton, Minister of State), Department of Health (27 Jun 2006 to 6 Sep 2006)
- PPS (Ms Rosie Winterton, Minister of State), Department of Health (10 Nov 2005 to 27 Jun 2006)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (19 Jan 2005 to 12 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Jul 2016.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Northumbrian Water Ltd
Address of donor: Boldon House, Wheatlands Way, Pity Me, Durham DH1 5FA
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets to a football match, with hospitality, value £780
Date received: 27 May 2016
Date accepted: 27 May 2016
Donor status: company, registration no 2366703
(Registered 27 May 2016)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from