Iain Wright campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Iain Wright’s voting in Parliament
Iain Wright is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Iain Wright’s votes.
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Consistently voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Iain Wright’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Iain Wright’s full vote analysis page for more.
Iain Wright has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
And the paper?
Thank you for that guidance, Mr Deputy Speaker—I need to have a productivity improvement of about 20% immediately. It is a real honour to follow the hon. Member for Warwick and Leamington (Chris White). I think we have exactly the same principles, motivations and objectives when it comes to having an industrial policy. He is a fantastic member of the Business, Energy and Industrial...
More of Iain Wright’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Hartlepool
Entered the House of Commons on 30 September 2004 — Byelection
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Wind Power: Seas and Oceans
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- Green Investment Bank
- Departmental NDPBs
- Manufacturing Industries
Currently held offices
- Chair, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (since 17 Oct 2016)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (since 10 Feb 2016)
- Chair, Education, Skills and the Economy Sub-Committee (since 1 Dec 2015)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (since 30 Nov 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (18 Jun 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (7 Oct 2011 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (14-19 Reform and Apprenticeships) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Children, Schools and Families) (14-19 Reform and Apprenticeships) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Communities and Local Government) (29 Jun 2007 to 9 Jun 2009)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (15 Jan 2007 to 6 Nov 2007)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (7 Dec 2006 to 1 Jul 2008)
- PPS (Rt Hon Rosie Winterton, Minister of State), Department of Health (27 Jun 2006 to 6 Sep 2006)
- PPS (Ms Rosie Winterton, Minister of State), Department of Health (10 Nov 2005 to 27 Jun 2006)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (19 Jan 2005 to 12 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 17 Oct 2016.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Northumbrian Water Ltd
Address of donor: Boldon House, Wheatlands Way, Pity Me, Durham DH1 5FA
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets to a football match, with hospitality, value £780
Date received: 27 May 2016
Date accepted: 27 May 2016
Donor status: company, registration no 2366703
(Registered 27 May 2016)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from