A selection of Huw Irranca-Davies's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2007–2015
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
3 votes for, 18 votes against, 5 absences, between 2008–2015
Almost always voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
8 votes for, 3 votes against, between 2004–2012
Almost always voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
9 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2003–2012
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2013
We have lots more plain English analysis of Huw Irranca-Davies’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Huw Irranca-Davies’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, if his Department will reconsider its decision to withdraw Volunteer Gliding Squadrons provision for Air Cadets in Wales.
To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, whether she plans to take forward talks on reaching an intergovernmental agreement with Ireland on expanding electricity interconnection capacity in response to the conclusions of the National Infrastructure Commission's report on Smart Power, published in March 2016.
To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, with reference to the Memorandum of Understanding on renewable energy trade agreed between the UK and Ireland in January 2013, what progress has been made on reaching an intergovernmental agreement with Ireland.
More of Huw Irranca-Davies’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Ogmore
Entered the House of Commons on 14 February 2002 — Byelection
Left the House of Commons on 24 March 2016 — Resigned
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy and Climate Change
- Work and Pensions
- Food Procurement
- Bovine Tuberculosis
- Departmental Carbon Emissions
- Dangerous Dogs
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 25 Jan 2016)
- Chair, Environmental Audit Committee (18 Jun 2015 to 25 Jan 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (7 Oct 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Energy and Climate Change) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Marine and Natural Environment) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Marine and Natural Environment) (5 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales (2 Jul 2007 to 5 Oct 2008)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (5 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Tessa Jowell, Secretary of State), Department for Culture, Media & Sport (10 Nov 2005 to 8 May 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon Jane Kennedy, Minister of State), Department for Work and Pensions (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Draft Mental Incapacity Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2003 to 17 Nov 2003)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (5 Oct 2002 to 8 Jan 2004)
- Member, Procedure Committee (24 Jun 2002 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (10 May 2002 to 8 Jan 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 46 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Huw Irranca-Davies’s speeches
- Has received answers to 28 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 66.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 62 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 648 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 21 Mar 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
Surveys completed for ComRes, 4 Millbank, London, SW1P 3JA.
£75 was paid direct to charity for January-February 2015 MP
panel survey. Hours: 20 mins. (Registered 29 May 2015)
6. Land and property: (i) value over £100,000 (ii) rental income of over £10,000 a year
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from