Pete Wishart campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Pete Wishart’s voting in Parliament
Pete Wishart is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
However, Pete Wishart sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Pete Wishart generally voted against higher taxes on banks, while most Scottish National Party MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Pete Wishart’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Pete Wishart’s full vote analysis page for more.
Pete Wishart has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
I thank the Leader of the House for announcing the business for the week but next. May I wish the happiest of birthdays to the hon. Member for Newport West (Paul Flynn)? I think he was my third shadow Leader of the House, but it is so hard to keep pace with the revolving door of the Labour shadow Cabinet. It has been a thoroughly miserable, frustrating and depressing couple of weeks, which...
My hon. Friend is making a fantastic speech, exposing the real difficulties at the heart of this bad Tory Brexit. I am trying to figure out exactly what is going on with Conservative Members. Perhaps they are opposing the economic impact assessments because they know the true nature of Brexit and the damage it will deliver. Does he agree that that seems to be the underlying reason why they...
What does he know?
More of Pete Wishart’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Perth and North Perthshire
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented North Tayside
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Culture Media and Sport
- Departmental Expenditure
- Press Releases
- Departmental ICT
- Asylum: Finance
Currently held offices
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (since 10 Nov 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Chair, Scottish Affairs Committee (since 18 Jun 2015)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (since 15 Jun 2015)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Leader of the House of Commons) (since 20 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (18 Nov 2010 to 9 Nov 2012)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Constitution) (15 Jun 2010 to 20 May 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Culture and Sport) (15 Jun 2010 to 20 May 2015)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (24 Nov 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (1 Jan 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Home Affairs) (10 Oct 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Justice) (10 Oct 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 24 Nov 2008)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Cabinet Office) (10 May 2005 to 10 Oct 2007)
- Shadow Spokesperson (International Development) (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Catering Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jun 2001 to 1 Jun 2007)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Transport) (10 May 2001 to 5 May 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (10 May 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (10 May 2001 to 5 May 2005)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 71 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Pete Wishart’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 64.88% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 98 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Pete Wishart’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 673 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Feb 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
I receive royalty payments from EMI and from Ridge Records for my recorded works with Runrig, with whom I serve as an unremunerated director. Addresses: EMI House, 43 Brook Green, London W6 7EF and Ridge Records Limited, 1 York Street, Aberdeen AB11 5DL.
21 October 2016
, £733.03 for my recorded works from Ridge Records. No additional hours worked. (Registered 31 October 2016)
Fees received for appearing as part of Parliamentary rock band "MP4
" on the Dave TV
series ‘Unspun’ produced by Avalon Productions of 4A Exmoor St, London W10 6BD:
4 November 2016
, received £2,265.60 for shows between 13 September and 18 October 2016. Hours: 30 hrs (5 hrs per week). (Registered 25 November 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from