Pete Wishart’s voting in Parliament
Pete Wishart is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Pete Wishart’s votes.
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, between 2007–2016
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 5 votes against, 6 absences, between 2008–2016
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
60 votes for, 24 votes against, 21 absences, between 2008–2018
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 9 votes against, 2 absences, between 2011–2016
Generally voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, between 2004–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Pete Wishart’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Pete Wishart’s full vote analysis page for more.
Pete Wishart has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 16 Jan 2018
Procedure: Voting by proxy in the House of Commons.
Witnesses: Pete Wishart MP, SNP Shadow Leader of the House of Commons Valerie Vaz MP, Shadow Leader of the House of Commons Rt Hon Andrea Leadsom MP, Leader of the House of Commons
I thank the Leader of the House for announcing the business for next week. I also want to pay tribute to all those involved in last year’s dreadful attack on this House. We will never forget that day, but we went home at the end of that day as this House was made safe for us. Some of our community within Parliament did not quite make that, and it is those we will remember today. The...
More of Pete Wishart’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Perth and North Perthshire
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented North Tayside
Topics of interest
Pete Wishart campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Department
- Culture Media and Sport
- Departmental Expenditure
- Press Releases
- Departmental ICT
- Asylum: Finance
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Chair, Scottish Affairs Committee (since 12 Jul 2017)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Constitution) (since 20 Jun 2017)
- Shadow SNP Leader of the House of Commons (since 20 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (10 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Scottish Affairs Committee (18 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (15 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Leader of the House of Commons) (20 May 2015 to 20 Jun 2017)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (18 Nov 2010 to 9 Nov 2012)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Culture and Sport) (15 Jun 2010 to 20 May 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Constitution) (15 Jun 2010 to 20 May 2015)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (24 Nov 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (1 Jan 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Home Affairs) (10 Oct 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Justice) (10 Oct 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 24 Nov 2008)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Cabinet Office) (10 May 2005 to 10 Oct 2007)
- Shadow Spokesperson (International Development) (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Catering Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jun 2001 to 1 Jun 2007)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (10 May 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (10 May 2001 to 5 May 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Transport) (10 May 2001 to 5 May 2005)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 71 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Pete Wishart’s speeches
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.94% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 95 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Pete Wishart’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 757 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 19 Mar 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
I receive royalty payments from EMI and from Ridge Records for my recorded works with Runrig, with whom I serve as an unremunerated director. Addresses: EMI House, 43 Brook Green, London W6 7EF and Ridge Records Limited, 1 York Street, Aberdeen AB11 5DL.
17 December 2017
, I received £639.11 for my recorded works from Ridge Records. No additional hours worked. (Registered 18 December 2017)
Fees received for appearing as part of Parliamentary rock band "MP4" on the Dave TV
series ‘Unspun’ produced by Avalon Productions of 4A Exmoor St, London W10 6BD:
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from