Hywel Williams’s voting in Parliament
Hywel Williams is a Plaid Cymru MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Plaid Cymru MPs.
This is a selection of Hywel Williams’s votes.
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
3 votes for, 17 votes against, 5 absences, between 2010–2015
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, between 2004–2011
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
54 votes for, 19 votes against, 19 absences, between 2006–2017
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 11 votes against, between 2011–2016
Generally voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, 3 absences, between 2010–2017
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, between 2007–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Hywel Williams’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Hywel Williams’s full vote analysis page for more.
Hywel Williams has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what assessment he has made of the performance of National Savings and Investments and Atos since those companies started delivering tax-free childcare in April 2017.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, pursuant to the Answer of 11 September 2017 to Question 7777, what performance indicators he has agreed with National Savings and Investments for the delivery of tax-free childcare.
Vascular services in my constituency are to be moved to an as yet untested centre, while in Bangor we already have a facility with an international reputation. Does the Prime Minister share my concern that, due to bungling over health by the Labour Government in Cardiff, seriously ill Welsh patients will have to travel further and even, like the late Irfon Williams, have to move to live in...
More of Hywel Williams’s recent appearances
Plaid Cymru MP for Arfon
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented Caernarfon
Topics of interest
Hywel Williams campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Culture Media and Sport
- Welsh Language
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- Driving: Licensing
- Departmental Staff (Bicycles)
- Tax Credits
Currently held offices
- Member, Committee on Exiting the European Union (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Brexit) (since 1 Jun 2017)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Cabinet Office) (since 1 Jun 2017)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (International Trade) (since 1 Jun 2017)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (since 10 May 2001)
Other offices held in the past
- Plaid Cymru Westminster Leader (12 Oct 2015 to 1 Jun 2017)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (1 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (8 May 2015 to 1 Jun 2017)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Defence) (8 May 2015 to 1 Jun 2017)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Office/Europe) (8 May 2015 to 1 Jun 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (6 Jan 2014 to 10 Mar 2014)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (27 Feb 2012 to 20 Oct 2014)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (18 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Cabinet Office) (18 Jun 2010 to 18 Mar 2013)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Education) (10 Jun 2005 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (24 May 2005 to 17 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (10 May 2005 to 10 May 2006)
- Member, Draft Mental Health Bill (Joint Committee) (20 Jul 2004 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (International Development) (10 May 2004 to 1 Jun 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (26 Jan 2004 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Health) (10 May 2001 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from