Hywel Williams’s voting in Parliament
Hywel Williams is a Plaid Cymru MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Plaid Cymru MPs.
This is a selection of Hywel Williams’s votes.
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2013
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
8 votes for, 4 votes against, 2 absences, between 2003–2016
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
3 votes for, 17 votes against, 5 absences, between 2010–2015
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 11 votes against, between 2011–2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, between 2007–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Hywel Williams’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Hywel Williams’s full vote analysis page for more.
Hywel Williams has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, how many staff in his Department have responsibilities relating to the UK leaving the EU.
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, how much and what proportion of his Department's expenditure has been identified as relating to its work on the UK leaving the EU in 2017-18.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how many staff in his Department have responsibilities relating to the UK leaving the EU.
More of Hywel Williams’s recent appearances
Plaid Cymru MP for Arfon
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented Caernarfon
Topics of interest
Hywel Williams campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Culture Media and Sport
- Welsh Language
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- Driving: Licensing
- Departmental Staff (Bicycles)
- Tax Credits
Currently held offices
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Brexit) (since 1 Jun 2017)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Cabinet Office) (since 1 Jun 2017)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (International Trade) (since 1 Jun 2017)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (since 10 May 2001)
Other offices held in the past
- Plaid Cymru Westminster Leader (12 Oct 2015 to 1 Jun 2017)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (1 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (8 May 2015 to 1 Jun 2017)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Defence) (8 May 2015 to 1 Jun 2017)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Office/Europe) (8 May 2015 to 1 Jun 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (6 Jan 2014 to 10 Mar 2014)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (27 Feb 2012 to 20 Oct 2014)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (18 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Cabinet Office) (18 Jun 2010 to 18 Mar 2013)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Education) (10 Jun 2005 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (24 May 2005 to 17 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (10 May 2005 to 10 May 2006)
- Member, Draft Mental Health Bill (Joint Committee) (20 Jul 2004 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (International Development) (10 May 2004 to 1 Jun 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (26 Jan 2004 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Health) (10 May 2001 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from