Hywel Williams’s voting in Parliament
Hywel Williams is a Plaid Cymru MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Plaid Cymru MPs.
This is a selection of Hywel Williams’s votes.
Generally voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, 3 absences, between 2010–2017
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
3 votes for, 17 votes against, 5 absences, between 2010–2015
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 3 votes against, 8 absences, between 2008–2016
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Consistently voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
0 votes for, 14 votes against, 2 absences, between 2011–2014
Almost always voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Hywel Williams’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Hywel Williams’s full vote analysis page for more.
Hywel Williams has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what representations he has received from the Welsh Government on proposed jobcentre closures in Wales.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what discussions he has had with the Department for Exiting the European Union on the future of the state pensions top-up scheme for which European Economic Area citizens are currently eligible.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what progress has been made by his Department on helping members of the plumbing and mechanical services industry pension scheme to manage their employment liabilities.
More of Hywel Williams’s recent appearances
Plaid Cymru MP for Arfon
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented Caernarfon
Topics of interest
Hywel Williams campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Culture Media and Sport
- Welsh Language
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- Driving: Licensing
- Departmental Staff (Bicycles)
- Tax Credits
Currently held offices
- PC Westminster Leader (since 12 Oct 2015)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (since 1 Jul 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (since 8 May 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Defence) (since 8 May 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Office/Europe) (since 8 May 2015)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (International Development) (since 10 May 2004)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (since 10 May 2001)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (6 Jan 2014 to 10 Mar 2014)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (27 Feb 2012 to 20 Oct 2014)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (18 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Cabinet Office) (18 Jun 2010 to 18 Mar 2013)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Education) (10 Jun 2005 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (24 May 2005 to 17 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (10 May 2005 to 10 May 2006)
- Member, Draft Mental Health Bill (Joint Committee) (20 Jul 2004 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (26 Jan 2004 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow PC Spokesperson (Health) (10 May 2001 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from