A selection of Richard Taylor's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2007
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
9 votes for, 2 votes against, between 2003–2007
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 8 votes against, in 2004
Has never voted on increasing the rate of VAT
Consistently voted against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, between 2003–2007
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 30 votes against, 11 absences, between 2006–2009
We have lots more plain English analysis of Richard Taylor’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Richard Taylor’s full vote analysis page for more.
I hope that I am mistaken, but the only module that I have seen is a hideous, glass, square box.
It is a delight to have secured this debate under your chairmanship, Dr. McCrea, right at the end of this Parliament. You will have noticed that this morning's subjects have been crime, poverty and inequality, and public transport-three of the crucial issues that we shall, I think, be returning to repeatedly in the next few weeks. I must declare an interest. First, I am a very small...
Will the Secretary of State promote the benefits and safety of midwife-led birth centres distant from consultant obstetric units when they have the right escalation and admission protocols?
More of Richard Taylor’s recent appearances
Former Independent MP for Wyre Forest
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Oil: Waste Management
- Obesity: Health Services
- Local Involvement Networks
- Worcestershire Health Authority
Other offices held in the past
- Member, West Midlands Regional Select Committee (30 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Health Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Health Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Richard Taylor’s speeches
- Has received answers to 16 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 64.44% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 39 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 194 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from