Mark Tami’s voting in Parliament
Mark Tami is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Mark Tami’s votes.
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
3 votes for, 17 votes against, 5 absences, between 2010–2015
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
8 votes for, 3 votes against, between 2004–2017
Almost always voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2018
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2007–2016
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
13 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2011–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mark Tami’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mark Tami’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mark Tami has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, when he plans to bring forward legislative proposals to increase the maximum sentence for animal cruelty sentences from six months to five years imprisonment.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what funding his Department plans to allocate to products undergoing review by the NHS England relative prioritisation process in 2019-20.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what proportion of the funding allocated for 2018-19 for products approved by the relative prioritisation process was allocated to products approved for use in the (a) November 2017 and (b) May 2018 commissioning rounds.
More of Mark Tami’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Alyn and Deeside
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
Mark Tami campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Department of Health
- Voter Participation/Registration
- Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
- Animal Quarantine
- Clinical Priorities Advisory Group
Currently held offices
- Member, Administration Committee (since 30 Oct 2017)
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (since 30 Oct 2017)
- Member, Selection Committee (since 12 Sep 2017)
- Opposition Pairing Whip (Commons) (since 7 Oct 2011)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee of Selection (12 Sep 2017 to 12 Sep 2017)
- Member, Administration Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Palace of Westminster (Joint Committee) (16 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committee of Selection (17 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Administration Committee (23 Jan 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (18 Nov 2010 to 8 Nov 2011)
- Member, Committee of Selection (13 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (8 Oct 2010 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (14 Nov 2007 to 18 Nov 2007)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (2 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (22 Jan 2007 to 6 Nov 2007)
- Member, Tax Law Rewrite Bills (Joint Committee) (29 Nov 2005 to 6 Nov 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Dawn Primarolo, Paymaster General), HM Treasury (10 Nov 2005 to 6 Sep 2006)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 36 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Mark Tami’s speeches
- Has received answers to 54 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 80.75% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 83 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Tami’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 182 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Sep 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
20 October 2017
, received £350 from Eden and Partners ltd, 50 Broadway, London SW1H 0RG for providing training session for NHS
professionals. Hours: 3 hrs. (Registered 01 November 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Apartment in Portugal: (i) and (ii). (Registered 10 April 2014
Holiday apartment on the farm in Flintshire where we live: (i) and (ii). (Registered 10 April 2014)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Sally Tami, as part-time Secretary/budget control.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from