Mark Tami campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Mark Tami’s voting in Parliament
Mark Tami is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Mark Tami’s votes.
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mark Tami’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mark Tami’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mark Tami has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Administration: Election Planning and Services.
Witnesses: Mark Tami MP, Opposition Accommodation Whip Mr Robert Syms MP, Government Accomodation Whip Fiona Channon, Head of Accommodation and Logistics, House of Commons Rob Greig, Director Dan Cook, Portfolio Manager, Parliamentary Digital Service
As my hon. Friend is making clear, we have to have specialist centres, but we must not think that we can have them on our doorstep everywhere. That will just not happen, and it would not make sense for it to happen. If we have specialist centres, however, people will have to travel, and families need support and somewhere to stay. I put on record my support for the Ronald McDonald House...
Sorry for talking about my experience again, but my son was very fortunate to find a donor. He had a stem cell transplant in the end. As a parent, that was great for us, but we were with other parents who were not so fortunate and who saw their children pass away because they could not find a donor. The awful thing is that there are people out there who would be a match, but they do not know...
More of Mark Tami’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Alyn and Deeside
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Voter Participation/Registration
- Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
- Animal Quarantine
- Roads: Accidents
Currently held offices
- Member, Administration Committee (since 20 Jul 2015)
- Member, Palace of Westminster (Joint Committee) (since 16 Jul 2015)
- Member, Committee of Selection (since 17 Jun 2015)
- Opposition Pairing Whip (Commons) (since 7 Oct 2011)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (23 Jan 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (18 Nov 2010 to 8 Nov 2011)
- Member, Committee of Selection (13 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (8 Oct 2010 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (14 Nov 2007 to 18 Nov 2007)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (2 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (22 Jan 2007 to 6 Nov 2007)
- Member, Tax Law Rewrite Bills (Joint Committee) (29 Nov 2005 to 6 Nov 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Dawn Primarolo, Paymaster General), HM Treasury (10 Nov 2005 to 6 Sep 2006)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Mark Tami’s speeches
- Has received answers to 7 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.57% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 86 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Tami’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 165 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 21 Nov 2016.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Apartment in Portugal: (i) and (ii). (Registered 10 April 2014
Holiday apartment on the farm in Flintshire where we live: (i) and (ii). (Registered 10 April 2014)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Sally Tami, as part-time Secretary/budget control.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from