Andrew Selous campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Andrew Selous’s voting in Parliament
Andrew Selous is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Andrew Selous sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Andrew Selous generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Andrew Selous’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Andrew Selous’s full vote analysis page for more.
Andrew Selous has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
Vauxhall has been a huge name in Bedfordshire for over a century, and that tradition continues with the building of the excellent Vivaro van at the IBC plant in Luton. I want to see the Secretary of State doing everything he can to secure those jobs, but will he also say something about the pensioners in this country, many of whom are in my constituency and across Bedfordshire? They will be...
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what progress the Government has made on its ban the box initiative; which businesses have signed up to that initiative; how many employees of her Department have unspent convictions; what progress has been made on that initiative across the wider public sector; and if she will make a statement.
More of Andrew Selous’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South West Bedfordshire
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Education and Skills
- Departments: Manpower
- Written Questions: Government Responses
- Departmental Flexible Working
- Departmental Working Hours
- Children: Maintenance
Currently held offices
- Member, Health Committee (since 31 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (4 Nov 2014 to 17 Jul 2016)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Justice (15 Jul 2014 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (26 Oct 2010 to 17 Jul 2014)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (8 Nov 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (15 Jun 2004 to 8 Nov 2006)
- PPS To Shadow Foreign Secretary, International Affairs (10 May 2004 to 20 Oct 2004)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Feb 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
27 January 2017
, received £200 from Ipsos MORI
, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, for a survey completed on 23 November 2016
. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 31 January 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Half share in flat in Camberley: (i). (Registered 03 June 2015
On 6 May 2016
, during a visit to one of their stores, I was presented with a drill (value £149.99) by Screwfix, a local company in my constituency
. (Registered 25 May 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from