A selection of Hugh Robertson's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
13 votes for, 41 votes against, 14 absences, between 2008–2014
Generally voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, 4 absences, between 2011–2012
Generally voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
18 votes for, 0 votes against, 13 absences, between 2011–2015
Voted a mixture of for and against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2003–2012
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2013
Consistently voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
16 votes for, 0 votes against, 6 absences, between 2008–2013
We have lots more plain English analysis of Hugh Robertson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Hugh Robertson’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what independent assessment has been made of the number of refugees living in the Tindouf camps; and what the most recent estimate of that number is.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what information his Department holds on when the report to the European Anti Fraud Office on food aid for the Tindouf refugee camps was (a) undertaken, (b) completed and (c) published.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what assessment he has made of the findings of the report of the European Anti Fraud Office on food aid for the Tindouf refugee camps.
More of Hugh Robertson’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Faversham and Mid Kent
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Olympic Games
- Olympic Games: Greater London
- Olympic Games 2012: Finance
- 2012 Olympics
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Minister of State, Department for Culture, Media and Sport (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Culture, Media and Sport) (Sport and the Olympics) (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (1 Jun 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jun 2002 to 1 Jun 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Hugh Robertson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 27 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 62.55% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 55 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 353 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Falcon and Associates
Address of donor: Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): return flights and accommodation, not purchased on the open market, but which would have had a value of over £1,500 if so purchased
Destination of visit: Dubai
Purpose of visit: to attend the 5th anniversary celebrations of the formation of Falcon and Associates
(Registered 19 December 2014)
9. Registrable shareholdings
; financial PR
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from