Angus Robertson campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Angus Robertson’s voting in Parliament
Angus Robertson is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Angus Robertson’s votes.
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Angus Robertson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Angus Robertson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Angus Robertson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
May I extend my congratulations to the Prime Minister on her first outing at Prime Minister’s questions, ahead of her travels to Berlin? The German Vice Chancellor, Sigmar Gabriel, has already confirmed how Scotland is able to remain in the European Union. Did the Prime Minister discuss that when she met First Minister Nicola Sturgeon in Edinburgh, and will she do everything to ensure...
Germany has the highest level of support of any continental European country for Scotland remaining in the European Union. Will the Prime Minister thank Chancellor Merkel for the interest of the members of her Government and of the Bundestag in having Scotland remain within the EU? Will she assure the Chancellor and other Heads of State and Government that we in Scotland will do...
This is the last opportunity for the Secretary of State. Please will he tell the House before we vote this evening what the total through-life cost of Trident renewal is? What is it?
More of Angus Robertson’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Moray
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- EU Committees
- Military Aircraft
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
- Nuclear Submarines
Currently held offices
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (since 9 Sep 2015)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Constitution) (since 20 May 2015)
- SNP Westminster Leader (since 15 Jun 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Defence) (15 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Foreign Affairs) (15 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Without portfolio (10 May 2005 to 15 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Office of the Deputy Prime Minister) (10 May 2005 to 10 May 2007)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (12 Nov 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Defence) (10 May 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (10 May 2001 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 64 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Angus Robertson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 61.68% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 92 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Angus Robertson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 369 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from