Angus Robertson campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Angus Robertson’s voting in Parliament
Angus Robertson is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Angus Robertson’s votes.
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Almost always voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Almost always voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Angus Robertson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Angus Robertson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Angus Robertson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
May I begin with a tribute to Father George Thompson, who died shortly before Christmas? He led a remarkable life as a teacher, as a priest and as the Scottish National party Member of Parliament for Galloway. We extend our sympathies to his family. All of us in this House and across these islands care about the peace process and about the democratic institutions in Northern Ireland, so may I...
The Prime Minister has indicated that she wants to take the views of the elected representatives and the devolved institutions on Brexit seriously. So it stands to reason then that if there is no Northern Ireland Assembly and no Northern Ireland Executive for much of the time before the March timetable that she has set for invoking article 50, she will be unable to consult properly, to...
May I begin by thanking the Prime Minister for advance sight of her statement and, as it is the last opportunity to do so, wish colleagues a very merry Christmas, happy Hogmanay and a fantastic 2017? It is now more than six months since the Brexit referendum, when more than 62% of voters in Scotland voted to remain in the European Union. Tomorrow the Scottish Government will become the first...
More of Angus Robertson’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Moray
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- EU Committees
- Military Aircraft
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
- Nuclear Submarines
Currently held offices
- Deputy Leader, Scottish National Party (since 13 Oct 2016)
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (since 9 Sep 2015)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Constitution) (since 20 May 2015)
- SNP Westminster Leader (since 15 Jun 2010)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (since 23 May 2007)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Spokesperson (Office of the Deputy Prime Minister) (10 May 2005 to 10 May 2007)
- Without portfolio (10 May 2005 to 15 Jul 2007)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (12 Nov 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (10 May 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Foreign Affairs) (10 May 2001 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Defence) (10 May 2001 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Defence) (10 May 2001 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 58 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Angus Robertson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 58.57% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 93 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Angus Robertson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 377 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from