Angus Robertson’s voting in Parliament
Angus Robertson is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Angus Robertson’s votes.
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2013
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
15 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2011–2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 44 votes against, 10 absences, between 2012–2016
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, 4 absences, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 9 votes against, 3 absences, between 2004–2016
Almost always voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, between 2007–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Angus Robertson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Angus Robertson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Angus Robertson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
We once had a Prime Minister who said, “The lady’s not for turning.” My goodness, is it not welcome that the Prime Minister has today admitted that she is for turning, with her screeching, embarrassing U-turn on national insurance contributions? Only days remain until the Prime Minister is going to invoke article 50 on leaving the European Union. Last July, she promised to...
The Prime Minister can wag her finger as much as she likes; last year, she made a promise: she promised an agreement. I asked her about it yesterday; she did not answer. I have asked her about it now; she has not answered. When will she reach an agreement—not discussions—with the Scottish Government before triggering article 50? She has another opportunity. [Interruption.]
The Prime Minister promised an agreement; there is not an agreement. When will there be an agreement? Does she not understand that if she does not secure an agreement before triggering article 50 —if she is not prepared to negotiate on behalf of the Scottish Government and secure membership of the single European market—people in Scotland will have a referendum, and we will have...
More of Angus Robertson’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Moray
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
Angus Robertson campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- EU Committees
- Military Aircraft
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
- Nuclear Submarines
Currently held offices
- Deputy Leader, Scottish National Party (since 13 Oct 2016)
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (since 9 Sep 2015)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Constitution) (since 20 May 2015)
- SNP Westminster Leader (since 15 Jun 2010)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (since 23 May 2007)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Spokesperson (Office of the Deputy Prime Minister) (10 May 2005 to 10 May 2007)
- Without portfolio (10 May 2005 to 15 Jul 2007)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (12 Nov 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (10 May 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Foreign Affairs) (10 May 2001 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Defence) (10 May 2001 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Defence) (10 May 2001 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 56 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Angus Robertson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 60.66% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 92 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Angus Robertson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 382 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from