Angus Robertson’s voting in Parliament
Angus Robertson is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Angus Robertson’s votes.
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, between 2004–2011
Almost always voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, between 2007–2016
Almost always voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 6 votes against, 5 absences, between 2008–2016
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
Almost always voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
0 votes for, 12 votes against, 5 absences, between 2012–2014
We have lots more plain English analysis of Angus Robertson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Angus Robertson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Angus Robertson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
I begin by associating myself and my hon. and right hon. Friends with everything that has been said by the Prime Minister, by the leader of the Labour party and by you, Mr Speaker. Today of all days, we are reminded that, notwithstanding our differences on political and constitutional issues, we are as one in our dedication to democracy, the rule of law and harmony between peoples of all...
May I begin by extending condolences, as the Prime Minister and the leader of the Labour party have done, to the family, friends and colleagues of the former Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland, Martin McGuinness? We pay tribute to his contribution towards peace, while never forgetting the terrible human price during the troubles. Last year, the Prime Minister promised that she would...
Viewers will note that the Prime Minister totally glossed over the fact that she has reached no agreement with the devolved Governments of the United Kingdom. The Prime Minister says that she wants article 50 negotiations to lead to a deal and people to know the outcome of that deal before it is approved. Will she confirm that in the period for an agreement, the House of Commons will have a...
More of Angus Robertson’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Moray
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
Angus Robertson campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- EU Committees
- Military Aircraft
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
- Nuclear Submarines
Currently held offices
- Deputy Leader, Scottish National Party (since 13 Oct 2016)
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (since 9 Sep 2015)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Constitution) (since 20 May 2015)
- SNP Westminster Leader (since 15 Jun 2010)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (since 23 May 2007)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Spokesperson (Office of the Deputy Prime Minister) (10 May 2005 to 10 May 2007)
- Without portfolio (10 May 2005 to 15 Jul 2007)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (12 Nov 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (10 May 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Foreign Affairs) (10 May 2001 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Defence) (10 May 2001 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Defence) (10 May 2001 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 54 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Angus Robertson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 60.66% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 92 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Angus Robertson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 382 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from