Albert Owen campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Albert Owen’s voting in Parliament
Albert Owen is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Albert Owen sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Albert Owen generally voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Albert Owen’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Albert Owen’s full vote analysis page for more.
Albert Owen has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
The right hon. Gentleman and I agree on the importance of low-carbon technology, particularly to port communities in west Wales such as the ones that he and I represent. They have natural deep water and the facilities and skills from previous industries. Rather than reinventing the purposes of those ports, we should continue their excellent record of serving the energy sector.
My constituency and the north Wales line are covered by two major franchises, Wales and borders, and west coast; by two Governments, the Welsh Government and the UK Government; and by Network Rail. In future, under the Secretary of State’s plans, who would be responsible for safety? Has he spoken to the Welsh Government about that?
I congratulate my hon. Friend on securing his private Member’s Bill and leading the debate today. He mentioned that the law would apply in England and Wales. We already have guidance on this in Wales, and Guide Dogs Campaigns is working with the Welsh Government on it. Will he work with the Welsh Government to ensure that a similar Bill can be enacted in Wales?
More of Albert Owen’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Ynys Môn
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Poultry Meat
- Energy: Prices
Currently held offices
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (since 31 Oct 2016)
- Member, International Development Committee (since 8 Jul 2015)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 20 Oct 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (14 Jul 2015 to 28 Jun 2016)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (6 Mar 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Accommodation and works Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 17 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 50 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Albert Owen’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 60.27% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 25 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 115 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Albert Owen’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 374 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from