Albert Owen’s voting in Parliament
Albert Owen is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Albert Owen sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Albert Owen generally voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Albert Owen’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Albert Owen’s full vote analysis page for more.
Last updated: 19 Apr 2017
May I welcome the hon. Lady to her new position and, indeed, Front-Bench Members, new and old, to their roles? Can we have proper local accountability and ownership of local community grids, so that we break the monopolies of the distribution companies, which make masses of money and do not always reinvest?
The House rightly praised the Prime Minister for the Hillsborough inquiry. Today I met victims of contaminated blood. Will she take this opportunity to ensure a full public inquiry for those affected and their families?
More of Albert Owen’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Ynys Môn
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
Albert Owen campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Poultry Meat
- Energy: Prices
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (14 Jul 2015 to 28 Jun 2016)
- Member, International Development Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 20 Feb 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (20 Oct 2010 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (6 Mar 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Accommodation and works Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 17 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 54 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Albert Owen’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- People have made 25 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 117 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Albert Owen’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 385 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from