Albert Owen’s voting in Parliament
Albert Owen is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Albert Owen sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Albert Owen generally voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Albert Owen’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Albert Owen’s full vote analysis page for more.
Albert Owen has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
The Republic of Ireland is the main trading link with the United Kingdom, through the port of Holyhead in my constituency. I have been raising this issue with the Prime Minister for the last 18 months. Businesses are worried because contingency plans have been undertaken by Irish companies to go directly to the European continent. What assurances can the Prime Minister give to businesses in...
Order. I tell the hon. Gentleman that we do not need to hear the whole order. However, he is responding to remarks made in the debate. In general, he can make reference to it, but not quote it verbatim.
Order. I am keen to hear from Back Benchers, starting with Alex Norris.
More of Albert Owen’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Ynys Môn
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
Albert Owen campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Poultry Meat
- Energy: Prices
Currently held offices
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 22 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (14 Jul 2015 to 28 Jun 2016)
- Member, International Development Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 20 Feb 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (20 Oct 2010 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (6 Mar 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Accommodation and works Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 17 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
- Chairman, Finance (No. 2) Bill Committee (4 out of 6)
- Chairman, Parliamentary Constituencies (Amendment) Bill Committee (6 out of 14)
- Chairman, Bus Services Bill Committee (2 out of 3)
- Chairman, Savings (Government Contributions) Bill Committee (0 out of 5)
- Farriers (Registration) Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Policing and Crime Bill Committee (3 out of 13)
- Chairman, Immigration Bill Committee (8 out of 15)
- Chairman, Investigatory Powers Bill Committee (9 out of 16)
- Chairman, Welfare Reform and Work Bill Committee (5 out of 11)
- Chairman, Defence Reform Bill Committee (8 out of 14)
- Chairman, Inheritance and Trustees' Powers Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Mobile Homes Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Energy Bill Committee (14 out of 16)
- Daylight Saving Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Marriage (Wales) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Grocery Market Ombudsman Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Energy Bill Committee (13 out of 15)
- Child Maintenance and Other Payments Bill Committee (11 out of 11)
- Employment Relations Bill Committee (5 out of 9)
- Hunting (Re-committed) Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Hunting Bill Committee (22 out of 31)
- Animal Health Bill Committee (5 out of 6)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 45 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Albert Owen’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.25% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 25 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 99 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Albert Owen’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 429 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from