Albert Owen’s voting in Parliament
Albert Owen is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Albert Owen sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Albert Owen generally voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Albert Owen’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Albert Owen’s full vote analysis page for more.
Albert Owen has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 21 Feb 2018
The whole reason that we have this statement from the Secretary of State is that the current franchise arrangements are broken. I urge him, in the new franchise, to include not-for-profit and the part-nationalisation that he has announced today. That would avoid the embarrassment of a Secretary of State having to come to this House to announce that further down the line and costing taxpayers...
Order. Before we begin, I remind Members to please switch their electronic devices to silent. Teas and coffees are not allowed during the sitting.
We will now move to the motion to adjourn, as the Committee cannot consider the clauses of the Bill until the House has agreed a money resolution.
More of Albert Owen’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Ynys Môn
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
Albert Owen campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Poultry Meat
- Energy: Prices
Currently held offices
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 22 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, International Development Sub-Committee on the Work of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (14 Jul 2015 to 28 Jun 2016)
- Member, International Development Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 20 Feb 2017)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (20 Oct 2010 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (6 Mar 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Accommodation and works Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 17 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
- Chairman, Finance (No. 2) Bill Committee (4 out of 6)
- Chairman, Parliamentary Constituencies (Amendment) Bill Committee (1 out of 3)
- Farriers (Registration) Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Bus Services Bill Committee (2 out of 3)
- Chairman, Savings (Government Contributions) Bill Committee (0 out of 5)
- Chairman, Investigatory Powers Bill Committee (9 out of 16)
- Chairman, Welfare Reform and Work Bill Committee (5 out of 11)
- Chairman, Policing and Crime Bill Committee (3 out of 13)
- Chairman, Immigration Bill Committee (8 out of 15)
- Chairman, Inheritance and Trustees' Powers Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Defence Reform Bill Committee (8 out of 14)
- Mobile Homes Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Energy Bill Committee (14 out of 16)
- Daylight Saving Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Marriage (Wales) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Grocery Market Ombudsman Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Energy Bill Committee (13 out of 15)
- Child Maintenance and Other Payments Bill Committee (11 out of 11)
- Employment Relations Bill Committee (5 out of 9)
- Hunting Bill Committee (22 out of 31)
- Hunting (Re-committed) Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Animal Health Bill Committee (5 out of 6)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Albert Owen’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 81.65% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 25 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 99 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Albert Owen’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 424 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 14 May 2018.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Unite the Union
Address of donor: 1 Cathedral Road, Cardiff CF11 9SD
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £4,500
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 04 July 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from