Andrew Murrison’s voting in Parliament
Andrew Murrison is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Andrew Murrison sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Andrew Murrison generally voted against the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs almost always voted for. Show votes
Andrew Murrison generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Andrew Murrison generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Andrew Murrison’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Andrew Murrison’s full vote analysis page for more.
Andrew Murrison has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 16 Jan 2018
The Attorney General is absolutely right to resist politicking by the SNP. Does he agree that there is no sense in Northern Ireland that the people there will be remotely disadvantaged by the lack of a continuity Bill?
Syria 16 Apr 2018
The UK and the men and women of our armed forces should be enormously proud of being part of a triumvirate that over the weekend delivered necessary, proportionate and humane military effect, and the Prime Minister should be proud of her leadership. Would the Prime Minister agree that Russia, in addition to its disgracefully deployed veto at the UN Security Council, has another veto that it...
More of Andrew Murrison’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South West Wiltshire
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented Westbury
Topics of interest
Andrew Murrison campaigned to leave the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Armed Forces: Housing
- Armed Forces: Health Services
- Armed Forces: Influenza
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Chair, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (since 12 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (30 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Draft Investigatory Powers Bill (Joint Committee) (5 Nov 2015 to 11 Feb 2016)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Northern Ireland Office) (15 Jul 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (6 Sep 2012 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (10 Nov 2003 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (16 Jul 2001 to 17 Jul 2005)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Andrew Murrison’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.32% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 114 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrew Murrison’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 485 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 19 Mar 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
28 Feb 2018, received £1,423.02. Hours: 40 hrs. (Registered 13 March 2018
Payments from ComRes, Downside Bridge Road, Cobham KT113EP, for surveys:
14 June 2017, received £75. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 19 September 2017)
16 September 2017, received £150. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 19 September 2017)
7 October 2017
, received £150. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 09 October 2017)
23 November 2017
, received £75. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 27 November 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Joint owner, with my wife, of agricultural buildings and field in Wiltshire: (i).
I participated in the Wiltshire Festival of Engineering and Manufacturing organised by a colleague and held in Trowbridge on 3 November 2017. This was supported by donations from Anthony Best Dynamics Ltd, James Dyson Foundation, Tulip Ltd, Siemens Rail Automation, EDF
Nuclear Generation Ltd and Airbus Operations Ltd. (Registered 12 January 2018
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Jennifer Murrison, as part-time Senior Caseworker. (Updated 29 June 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from