Khalid Mahmood’s voting in Parliament
Khalid Mahmood is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Khalid Mahmood sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Khalid Mahmood generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Khalid Mahmood generally voted against greater regulation of gambling, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Khalid Mahmood’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Khalid Mahmood’s full vote analysis page for more.
Khalid Mahmood has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 9 Apr 2019
Labour MP for Birmingham, Perry Barr
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
Khalid Mahmood campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Home Office
- Education and Skills
- Department for Transport
- Firearms: Crime
- Further Education
- Departmental Mobile Phones
- Electronic Government
- Middle East
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (Europe) (since 14 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (14 Dec 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Mr Tony McNulty, Minister of State), Home Office (10 Nov 2005 to 6 Sep 2006)
- PPS (Mr Tony McNulty), Department for Transport (10 Apr 2005 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Broadcasting Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Broadcasting Committee (7 Jun 2001 to 5 May 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Khalid Mahmood’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 77.16% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 117 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Khalid Mahmood’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 92 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 May 2019.
Name of donor: Bahrain Embassy
Address of donor: 2 Upper Brook St, London W1K 6PA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Travel and accommodation with a value of £2,800
Destination of visit: Kingdom of Bahrain
Dates of visit: 5-7 April 2018
Purpose of visit: To attend the opening of the UK/Bahrain Naval base, meet with Government Ministers, Members of the Federal National Council
and senior business figures, in order to build on the bilateral relationship.
(Registered 08 May 2018)
Name of donor: Federation of European Progressive Studies
Address of donor: Rue Montoyer, 40 B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Hotel and airport transfer, total value £156.78. Other costs were met by a non-registrable source.
Destination of visit: Macedonia
Dates of visit: 20-22 September 2018
Purpose of visit: To support democratic institutions.
(Registered 14 November 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)