Khalid Mahmood’s voting in Parliament
Khalid Mahmood is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Khalid Mahmood sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Khalid Mahmood generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Khalid Mahmood generally voted against greater regulation of gambling, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Khalid Mahmood’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Khalid Mahmood’s full vote analysis page for more.
Khalid Mahmood has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
It is always a pleasure to serve under your stewardship, Mr Howarth. This important debate, secured by the hon. Member for Henley (John Howell), has roused strong passions and concerns about the significant issues of human rights and civil liberties. The background is that, after the Russian annexation of Crimea in 2014, the Council imposed sanctions on Russia, and Russian delegates’...
I think the hon. Member for Henley, who secured this excellent debate, made the point—and it is the essential point that I am trying to make as well—that if we completely isolate Russia, we will not achieve some of those objectives. So I leave this to the talents of the Minister, who is more than able to negotiate. He should particularly take into account the relationship Germany...
It is always a pleasure to serve under your stewardship, Sir Edward. I thank the hon. Member for The Wrekin (Mark Pritchard) for raising this important debate. It is a much-needed debate addressing the security of the whole of eastern Europe and the region around there, particularly the fears those countries have regarding the current security climate. The Nord Stream 2 line will have a...
More of Khalid Mahmood’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Birmingham, Perry Barr
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
Khalid Mahmood campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Home Office
- Education and Skills
- Department for Transport
- Firearms: Crime
- Further Education
- Departmental Mobile Phones
- Sandwell and West Birmingham Acute Trust
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (Europe) (since 14 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (14 Dec 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- PPS (Mr Tony McNulty, Minister of State), Home Office (10 Nov 2005 to 6 Sep 2006)
- PPS (Mr Tony McNulty), Department for Transport (10 Apr 2005 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Broadcasting Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Broadcasting Committee (7 Jun 2001 to 5 May 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Khalid Mahmood’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.14% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 122 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Khalid Mahmood’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 80 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Aug 2018.
Name of donor: Council For Moroccans Abroad (CCME
Address of donor: Mahaj. Imm. 10. BP21481, Hay Ryad, Rabat 10 000
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Return flights and hotel accommodation with a value of approx £650
Destination of visit: Rabat, Morocco
Dates of visit: 14-17 December 2017
Purpose of visit: to build relationships with the Moroccan Parliament and with the Moroccan diaspora in the UK.
(Registered 22 January 2018
Name of donor: United Arab Emirates
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address of donor: Al Bateen, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Travel and accommodation with a value of £3,800
Destination of visit: United Arab Emirates
Dates of visit: 10-16 February 2018
Purpose of visit: United Arab Emirates APPG
visit to attend the World Government Summit
, meet with Government Ministers, Members of the Federal National Council
and senior business figures, in order to build on the bilateral relationship.
(Registered 06 March 2018
Name of donor: Bahrain Embassy
Address of donor: 2 Upper Brook St, London W1K 6PA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Travel and accommodation with a value of £2,800
Destination of visit: Kingdom of Bahrain
Dates of visit: 5-7 April 2018
Purpose of visit: To attend the opening of the UK/Bahrain Naval base, meet with Government Ministers, Members of the Federal National Council and senior business figures, in order to build on the bilateral relationship.
(Registered 08 May 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from