A selection of Ann McKechin's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ann McKechin’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ann McKechin’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, how much UK aid has been spent in support of privatising electricity in Nigeria since 2002; and through which funding streams that aid was provided.
What progress he has made on promoting digital inclusion.
The Minister will be aware that, unfortunately, Glasgow has one of the highest levels of population who are offline. The Government have recently run a series of adverts on Glasgow radio stations about encouraging people to switch their electricity and gas suppliers, but they are asking people only to use the online route. What assessment has he made about how we can encourage digital...
More of Ann McKechin’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Glasgow North
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Also represented Glasgow Maryhill
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Work and Pensions
- International Development
- Conditions of Employment
- UK Export Finance
- Housing Benefit
- Mortgages: Government Assistance
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (24 Oct 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (24 Oct 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Scotland (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Scotland) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Scotland (16 Sep 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Member, Information Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Standing Orders Committee (24 Oct 2001 to 5 May 2005)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Ann McKechin’s speeches
- Has received answers to 63 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.69% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 67 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 248 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from