A selection of John MacDougall's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 4 votes against, 6 absences, between 2003–2007
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2004
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2003–2007
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2007
Voted for more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 38 absences, between 2006–2008
We have lots more plain English analysis of John MacDougall’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit John MacDougall’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what progress has been made in his Department's discussions on granting blind people entitlement to the higher rate mobility component of disability living allowance; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what training on the provisions of the Hunting Act 2004 the police receive.
To ask the Solicitor-General what training on the provisions of the Hunting Act 2004 staff of the Crown Prosecution Service receives.
More of John MacDougall’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Glenrothes
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 13 August 2008 — Died
Also represented Central Fife
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- St. Helena
- Age Discrimination
- Identity Cards
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (15 Nov 2005 to 13 Aug 2008)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (1 Nov 2005 to 13 Aug 2008)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 13 Aug 2008)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (29 Jun 2005 to 13 Aug 2008)
- Member, Administration Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Draft Corruption Bill (Joint Committee) (28 May 2004 to 11 Jun 2004)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all John MacDougall’s speeches
- Has received answers to 69 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 31.77% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 21 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 30 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from