Ian Liddell-Grainger’s voting in Parliament
Ian Liddell-Grainger is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Ian Liddell-Grainger sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Ian Liddell-Grainger generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ian Liddell-Grainger’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ian Liddell-Grainger’s full vote analysis page for more.
Ian Liddell-Grainger has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
I beg to move, That this House has considered the future cost of Hinkley Point. I am delighted to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Hollobone. To start with, may I praise the Minister for coming down to Hinkley Point with the Secretary of State and having an excellent visit, which went down extremely well at C station? This afternoon, I am delighted to celebrate the progress of...
I thank my hon. Friend for that intervention. He has represented his constituents so well on so many issues, and we join on this. I am grateful to him for his thoughts. I am also very grateful to my hon. Friend the Member for Wells, who has supported Hinkley since he has been an MP. He has made an enormous contribution; indeed, both my colleagues have. The point my hon. Friend the Member for...
More of Ian Liddell-Grainger’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bridgwater and West Somerset
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented Bridgwater
Topics of interest
We don't know whether Ian Liddell-Grainger campaigned to leave, or stay in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Parrett Catchment Project
- Musgrove Park Hospital Taunton
- Asylum Seekers
- Probation Service
Currently held offices
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (1 Jul 2015 to 19 Dec 2016)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (18 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (18 Dec 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (5 Dec 2005 to 13 Nov 2007)
- Member, Constitutional Affairs Committee (13 Jul 2005 to 5 Nov 2007)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (15 Dec 2003 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (2 Dec 2002 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 6 May 2010)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 29 Oct 2018.
Name of donor: Moroccan Parliament House of Representatives Directorate of International Relations
Address of donor: Mohammed V Avenue, Rabat, Morocco
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): hotels and hospitality, transfers, cars, and internal flights within Morocco, total value £860. (The cost of international flights was met by a non-registrable source.)
Destination of visit: Morocco
Dates of visit: 17 - 21 September 2018
Purpose of visit: Part of delegation from the All Party Parliamentary Group
on Morocco to promote good relations between the United Kingdom and the Kingdom of Morocco.
(Registered 11 October 2018
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from