Ian Liddell-Grainger’s voting in Parliament
Ian Liddell-Grainger is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Ian Liddell-Grainger sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Ian Liddell-Grainger generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ian Liddell-Grainger’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ian Liddell-Grainger’s full vote analysis page for more.
Ian Liddell-Grainger has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 4 Dec 2017
Following your guidance, Mr Speaker, I have a simple question. We are going to build more houses in this country, which is welcome. A local estate agent, Greenslade Taylor Hunt, has been caught price fixing. May we have a debate on stopping estate agents abusing their position when we want to build more houses for young people?
I am one of the offenders to whom you referred, Mr Speaker, as I said last time when I threw myself at your mercy. I am grateful that you gave us another telling off, but I was on time—
More of Ian Liddell-Grainger’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bridgwater and West Somerset
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented Bridgwater
Topics of interest
We don't know whether Ian Liddell-Grainger campaigned to leave, or stay in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Parrett Catchment Project
- Musgrove Park Hospital Taunton
- Asylum Seekers
- Probation Service
Currently held offices
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (1 Jul 2015 to 19 Dec 2016)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (18 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (18 Dec 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (5 Dec 2005 to 13 Nov 2007)
- Member, Constitutional Affairs Committee (13 Jul 2005 to 5 Nov 2007)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (15 Dec 2003 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (2 Dec 2002 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 6 May 2010)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from