A selection of Mark Lazarowicz's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Almost always voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Almost always voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Generally voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mark Lazarowicz’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mark Lazarowicz’s full vote analysis page for more.
My hon. Friend is making a powerful case. Is not one example of how the burden is not being shared fairly the fact that, as we were reminded earlier today, there was one food bank in Scotland when Labour left office, but there are now 50? I am sure that example could be repeated throughout the entire country, and it emphasises the inequitable nature of the Government’s policies.
I look forward to the Minister coming to that point, and I hope he will show what the Government are going to do to encourage or even require the examining boards to meet the demand and the requirement for other languages that has been so clearly identified in this debate. We want not just good words, but action to make that happen.
The hon. Gentleman is right. As he says, there has been a campaign with strong support from the Polish community throughout the UK. Dziennik Polski has conducted a big campaign to which many of us have given our support. There is an issue not just for people in Scotland who want to take exams in Polish, or other languages, or for people who are interested in studying Polish. As the hon....
More of Mark Lazarowicz’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Edinburgh North and Leith
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Party was Labour/Co-operative until 11 Apr 2005
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Trade and Industry
- Work and Pensions
- Telephone Helplines
- Departmental Telephone Services
- Fair Trade Fortnight
- Air Services
- Climate Change
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (International Development) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill (Joint Committee) (1 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- PPS (David Cairns, Minister of State), Scotland Office (28 Jun 2007 to 17 Sep 2008)
- Member, Draft Climate Change Bill (Joint Committee) (18 Mar 2007 to 3 Aug 2007)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (15 Jan 2007 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (13 Jul 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (16 Dec 2002 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Scottish Affairs Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 10 Feb 2003)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 65 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Mark Lazarowicz’s speeches
- Has received answers to 22 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.41% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 13 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 78 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 575 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for participation in opinion surveys. Payments used towards cost of my parliamentary newsletter.
16 May 2014
, £75 received for participation in an opinion survey in May 2014. Hours: 30 mins. Payment donated to constituency
party. (Registered 30 May 2014)
28 November 2014
, £75 received for participation in an opinion survey in October 2014
. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 28 November 2014)
Payment of £192.06 received from Authors’ Licensing & Collecting Society, The Writers' House, 13 Haydon Street, London, EC3N 1DB for outstanding book royalties. No additional hours worked. (Registered 6 March 2013)
£139.13 received. (Registered 2 April 2014)
Fees from Ipsos MORI
, 9-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY, for opinion surveys.
Payment of £200 received. Hours: 1 hr. Payment donated to local organisation. (Registered 8 October 2014)
(a) Donations to my constituency party or association, which have been or will be reported by the party to the Electoral Commission
(a) Address of donor: Unite House, 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
Member, Faculty of Advocates (non-practising).
Unpaid Board Member of Leith Museum Company Ltd, for which I have from time to time solicited financial support. (Updated 3 March 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from