Norman Lamb’s voting in Parliament
Norman Lamb is a Liberal Democrat MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Liberal Democrat MPs.
However, Norman Lamb sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Norman Lamb almost always voted against the hunting ban, while most Liberal Democrat MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Norman Lamb generally voted against military action against ISIL (Daesh), while most Liberal Democrat MPs almost always voted for. Show votes
Norman Lamb generally voted against use of UK military forces in combat operations overseas, while most Liberal Democrat MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Norman Lamb’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Norman Lamb’s full vote analysis page for more.
Norman Lamb has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what estimate he has made of the cost to the public purse of smoking cessation treatments (a) varenicline, (b) bupropion and (c) nicotine replacement therapies in each of the last three years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, how many referrals (a) NHS acute trusts and (b) NHS mental health trusts made to smoking cessation services in each of the last three years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, how many prescriptions of Zyban (bupropion hydrochloride) were dispensed by (a) the NHS and (b) community pharmacies in each of the last three years.
More of Norman Lamb’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for North Norfolk
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
Norman Lamb campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Trade and Industry
- Departmental Sick Leave
- Mental Health Services
- NHS: Finance
- Departmental Annual Report
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Chair, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (since 12 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Health) (29 Jul 2015 to 12 Oct 2017)
- The Minister of State, Department of Health (6 Sep 2012 to 8 May 2015)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (3 Feb 2012 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (12 May 2010 to 3 Feb 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Health (20 Jul 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State (Trade and Industry) (14 Jul 2005 to 20 Jul 2006)
- Member, Treasury Sub-Committee (7 Jan 2003 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Treasury Committee (7 Jan 2003 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (18 Jul 2002 to 21 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (International Development) (19 Jul 2001 to 18 Jul 2002)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Norman Lamb’s speeches
- Has received answers to 163 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 67.36% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 15 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 123 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Norman Lamb’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 773 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 15 Oct 2018.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
From 1 April 2016
, Policy Advisory Board Member, Money and Mental Health Policy Institute, King's Policy Institute. This is an unremunerated post. (Registered 02 November 2016
From 8 September 2016
, Parliamentary Champion for Headway. This is an unremunerated post. (Registered 02 November 2016)
From 12 September 2016, Ambassador for Young Minds. This is an unremunerated post. (Registered 02 November 2016)
From 1 October 2016
, Trustee of Think Ahead. This is an unremunerated post. (Registered 02 November 2016)
From December 2017, Vice President
of the British Fluoridation Society. This is an unremunerated position. (Registered 17 January 2018
10. Family members engaged in lobbying the public sector on behalf of a third party or client
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from