Norman Lamb’s voting in Parliament
Norman Lamb is a Liberal Democrat MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Liberal Democrat MPs.
However, Norman Lamb sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Norman Lamb almost always voted against the hunting ban, while most Liberal Democrat MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Norman Lamb generally voted against military action against ISIL (Daesh), while most Liberal Democrat MPs almost always voted for. Show votes
Norman Lamb generally voted against use of UK military forces in combat operations overseas, while most Liberal Democrat MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Norman Lamb’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Norman Lamb’s full vote analysis page for more.
Norman Lamb has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
What assessment he has made of the effect of changes to local authority public health budgets in 2019-20 on his Department’s ability to achieve its “Prevention is better than cure” vision.
The number of people attending sexual health clinics is up 13% over four years, and the number with gonorrhoea and syphilis is up 20% over the last year, yet the Health Foundation says that funding for sexual health is down 25%. Will the Secretary of State and the Minister be making a powerful case, as part of the spending review, for proper investment in public health, and particularly in...
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, when he plans to respond to the letter from the right hon. Member for North Norfolk of 26 July 2018 in relation to Dr Chris Day.
More of Norman Lamb’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for North Norfolk
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
Norman Lamb campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Trade and Industry
- Departmental Sick Leave
- Mental Health Services
- NHS: Finance
- Mental Health Services: Children and Young People
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Chair, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (since 12 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Health) (29 Jul 2015 to 12 Oct 2017)
- The Minister of State, Department of Health (6 Sep 2012 to 8 May 2015)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (3 Feb 2012 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (12 May 2010 to 3 Feb 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Health (20 Jul 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State (Trade and Industry) (14 Jul 2005 to 20 Jul 2006)
- Member, Treasury Sub-Committee (7 Jan 2003 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Treasury Committee (7 Jan 2003 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (18 Jul 2002 to 21 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (International Development) (19 Jul 2001 to 18 Jul 2002)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Jan 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
12 October 2018, received £150 from the BBC
, Contributor Payments, PO
Box 745, Redhill RH1 9GB, for being a panellist on Any Questions
. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 07 November 2018)
Name of donor: RI
Address of donor: 2701 N. 16th Street, Suite 316, Phoenix, AZ
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights and other travel expenses, hotel and food to a value of £654.45
Destination of visit: Rotterdam, Netherlands
Dates of visit: 2-3 September 2018
Purpose of visit: To speak at the 4th International Zero Suicide in Healthcare Summit.
(Registered 23 October 2018)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Two flats in London: (i) and (ii). (Registered 16 December 2010; updated 25 February 2014)
From 1 April 2016, Policy Advisory Board Member, Money and Mental Health Policy Institute, King's Policy Institute. This is an unremunerated post. (Registered 02 November 2016)
From 8 September 2016, Parliamentary Champion for Headway. This is an unremunerated post. (Registered 02 November 2016)
From 12 September 2016, Ambassador for Young Minds. This is an unremunerated post. (Registered 02 November 2016)
From 1 October 2016, Trustee of Think Ahead. This is an unremunerated post. (Registered 02 November 2016)
From December 2017, Vice President
of the British Fluoridation Society. This is an unremunerated position. (Registered 17 January 2018)
10. Family members engaged in lobbying the public sector on behalf of a third party or client
My son, Edward Lamb
, works as Account Director at GK Strategy. (Registered 24 June 2015; updated 15 September 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)