Kevan Jones’s voting in Parliament
Kevan Jones is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Kevan Jones sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Kevan Jones generally voted against introducing foundation hospitals, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kevan Jones’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kevan Jones’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kevan Jones has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how many armed forces personnel from the (a) Royal Navy, (b) Army and (c) RAF have received training as part of the Preventing Sexual Violence in Conflict initiative.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how many armed forces personnel currently deployed as part of UN missions have received training as part of the Preventing Sexual Violence in Conflict initiative.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how many armed forces personnel due to be deployed to South Sudan have received training as part of the Preventing Sexual Violence in Conflict initiative.
More of Kevan Jones’s recent appearances
Labour MP for North Durham
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
Kevan Jones campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Communities and Local Government
- Culture Media and Sport
- Armoured Fighting Vehicles
- Armed Forces: Housing
- HMS Victory
- Army: Recruitment
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 24 Nov 2015)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, Administration Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 1 Jul 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (8 Oct 2010 to 6 Jan 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Veterans) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Ministry of Defence) (Veterans) (5 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (19 Dec 2005 to 9 May 2006)
- Member, Administration Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 26 Jan 2009)
- Member, Draft Civil Contingencies Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2003 to 28 Nov 2003)
- Member, Defence Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 19 Jan 2009)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Kevan Jones’s speeches
- Has received answers to 404 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.63% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 31 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 80 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kevan Jones’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 938 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Mar 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Payment from Ipsos Mori, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW (Updated 18 September 2015
10 February 2017
, £200 for participation in Winter 2016 Survey. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 14 February 2017)
7 March 2016
, received £650 from The Daily Mail, Associated Newspapers Ltd, Northcliffe House, 2 Derry Street, London W8 5TT, for an article. Hours: 2 hrs. Payment donated to charity. (Registered 16 March 2016)
I am an unremunerated director of the Prince Bishop Community Bank, a non-profit making credit union. I spend about an hour per month attending Board meetings. (Registered 05 October 2012
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from