Kevan Jones’s voting in Parliament
Kevan Jones is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Kevan Jones sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Kevan Jones generally voted against introducing foundation hospitals, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kevan Jones’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kevan Jones’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kevan Jones has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how many personnel from each branch of the armed forces have been charged with offences relating to proscribed organisations in each of the last five years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how many personnel are currently assigned to Field Army units based in Germany.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how many members of the Royal Marines conducted annual cold weather training in Norway in each of the last five years.
More of Kevan Jones’s recent appearances
Labour MP for North Durham
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
Kevan Jones campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Communities and Local Government
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Armoured Fighting Vehicles
- Armed Forces: Housing
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
- HMS Victory
- Army: Recruitment
Currently held offices
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (since 16 Nov 2017)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (since 6 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 24 Nov 2015)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, Administration Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 1 Jul 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (8 Oct 2010 to 6 Jan 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Veterans) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Ministry of Defence) (Veterans) (5 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (19 Dec 2005 to 9 May 2006)
- Member, Administration Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 26 Jan 2009)
- Member, Draft Civil Contingencies Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2003 to 28 Nov 2003)
- Member, Defence Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 19 Jan 2009)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 45 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Kevan Jones’s speeches
- Has received answers to 499 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.43% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 31 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 79 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kevan Jones’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 994 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 15 Oct 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
9 April 2018
, received £350, from Knickerbockerglory Ltd., 2CDE MacFarlane Road, London W12 7JZ, for participation in an on screen interview. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 19 April 2018)
Name of donor: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Address of donor: Shura Council, Riyadh, Postal Code 111165, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Accommodation £750; flights £6,932; other travel £600; hospitality £480; total value £8,762
Destination of visit: Riyadh and Najran
Dates of visit: 8-13 April 2018
Purpose of visit: To deepen understanding of Saudi Arabia and discuss issues of mutual concern.
(Registered 01 May 2018)
I am an unremunerated director of NE
First Credit Union (previously the Prince Bishop Community Bank), a non-profit making credit union. I spend about an hour per month attending Board meetings. (Registered 05 October 2012
; updated 19 July 2018
Commonwealth War Graves Commissioner. (Registered 26 July 2018)
From April 2018, Trustee of the Commonwealth War Graves Foundation, a charitable foundation that highlights the work of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission
. (Registered 26 July 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from