Kevan Jones’s voting in Parliament
Kevan Jones is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Kevan Jones sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Kevan Jones generally voted against introducing foundation hospitals, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kevan Jones’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kevan Jones’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kevan Jones has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what assessment his Department has made of whether Kuvan should be assessed through NICE's highly-specialised technology appraisal.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, pursuant to the Answer of 16 July 2019 Question 275136, when Herbert Smith Freehills was added to the list of law firms enlisted to provide legal support to Post Office Limited.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what tendering process was followed prior to inclusion of Herbert Smith Freehills in the list of law firms able to provide legal services to Post Office Limited.
More of Kevan Jones’s recent appearances
Labour MP for North Durham
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
Kevan Jones campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Communities and Local Government
- Armoured Fighting Vehicles
- Armed Forces: Housing
- Joint Strike Fighter Aircraft
- HMS Victory
- Defence: Procurement
Currently held offices
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (since 16 Nov 2017)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (since 6 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 24 Nov 2015)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, Administration Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 1 Jul 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (8 Oct 2010 to 6 Jan 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Veterans) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Ministry of Defence) (Veterans) (5 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (19 Dec 2005 to 9 May 2006)
- Member, Administration Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 26 Jan 2009)
- Member, Draft Civil Contingencies Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2003 to 28 Nov 2003)
- Member, Defence Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 19 Jan 2009)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Aug 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
18 October 2018, received £200 from Ipsos Mori, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, for participation in Summer 2018 Survey. Hours: 2 hrs.
(Registered 01 November 2018)
I am an unremunerated director of NE
First Credit Union (previously the Prince Bishop Community Bank), a non-profit making credit union. I spend about an hour per month attending Board meetings. (Registered 05 October 2012; updated 19 July 2018)
Until 31 December 2018, Commonwealth War Graves Commissioner. (Registered 26 July 2018; updated 18 January 2019)
From April 2018, Trustee of the Commonwealth War Graves Foundation, a charitable foundation that highlights the work of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission
. (Registered 26 July 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)