A selection of Dai Havard's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2011–2012
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 9 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2013
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2007–2012
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 3 votes against, between 2004–2011
Generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, between 2007–2015
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Dai Havard’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Dai Havard’s full vote analysis page for more.
At the same time.
Will the right hon. Gentleman give way?
The Defence Committee produced a report in 2009 after we visited Russia because of the Georgian conflict and we made recommendations then. Does the right hon. Gentleman agree, on the basis of reports from his own Committee and others, that as a Parliament we do not properly debate the recommendations that we advise it to discuss?
More of Dai Havard’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Merthyr Tydfil and Rhymney
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- NHS: Procurement
- National Blood Service
- Mobile Phones
- Radio Frequencies: Licensing
- Multiple Myeloma
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Panel of Chairs (24 Jan 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Defence Committee (20 Oct 2003 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (31 Oct 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Dai Havard’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 63.84% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — well below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 52 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 85 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Address of donor: 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: Grainger Suite, Dobson House, Regent Centre, Gosforth NE3 3PF
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): guidance, accommodation and subsistence (est value £815)
Destination of visit: Belgium and France
Purpose of visit: Study tour of military cemeteries and battlefields
(Registered 9 July 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from