Mark Francois’s voting in Parliament
Mark Francois is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mark Francois sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mark Francois generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mark Francois’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mark Francois’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mark Francois has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
I pay tribute—I am sure, on behalf of the whole House—to all the work that my hon. Friend has done personally to help to commemorate the first world war. He has put in a tremendous amount of time and effort, and it is right to acknowledge that today. He was talking about young people. I am sure he would agree that it is vital that young people of today’s generation are able...
This is a bit of an occasion, really, because when legislation is debated in this place, the Opposition traditionally complain that it is not given enough time, that the Government have tried to rush it through or that there has been insufficient examination of the provisions. The shadow Minister seems to be setting a precedent here today, in that he seems to be complaining that the Bill has...
More of Mark Francois’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Rayleigh and Wickford
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented Rayleigh
Topics of interest
Mark Francois campaigned to leave the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Departmental Expenditure
- Gershon Review
- Departments: Furniture
- Departmental Fixed Assets
- Departments: Official Cars
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State (Communities and Local Government) (8 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence (6 Sep 2012 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 22 Oct 2012)
- Member, Committee of Selection (21 Jun 2010 to 9 May 2013)
- Government Whip (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Europe) (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Paymaster General (10 May 2005 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Economic Secretary (Treasury) (10 May 2004 to 10 May 2005)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 May 2002 to 10 May 2004)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 31 Jul 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Payment of £1,000 expected from the University of Buckingham
's Humanities Research Institute, Ondaatje Hall, Buckingham MK18 1EG, for a speech and participation in a seminar on 8 March 2017
. Hours: 8 hrs including preparation. (Registered 30 March 2017)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Wellington Street Partners Ltd
Address of donor: Acre House, 11-15 William Road, London NW1 3ER
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: company, registration 07639073
(Registered 05 July 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from