Mark Francois campaigned to leave the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Mark Francois’s voting in Parliament
Mark Francois is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mark Francois sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mark Francois generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mark Francois’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mark Francois’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mark Francois has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I was encouraged to hear the Minister say at the opening of his remarks that he feels strongly about this issue. Members from across the country have given him multifarious examples tonight of where the system is not working. There remains a strong public perception, which is shared by many Members, that we still have two planning systems: one for the travelling community and one for the...
I commend my hon. Friend on his campaign, which I and more than 100 of my colleagues wholeheartedly support. He has mentioned the Government’s relationship with the royal yacht. In view of the clear advantages that a new royal yacht could provide in fostering trade and international relations, does he agree that it might be appropriate if a number of Government Departments were to share...
More of Mark Francois’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Rayleigh and Wickford
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented Rayleigh
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Departmental Expenditure
- Gershon Review
- Departments: Furniture
- Departmental Fixed Assets
- Departments: Official Cars
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State (Communities and Local Government) (8 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence (6 Sep 2012 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 22 Oct 2012)
- Member, Committee of Selection (21 Jun 2010 to 9 May 2013)
- The Vice-Chamberlain of Her Majesty's Household (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Europe) (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Paymaster General (10 May 2005 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Economic Secretary (Treasury) (10 May 2004 to 10 May 2005)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 May 2002 to 10 May 2004)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Mark Francois’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 56.64% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 101 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Francois’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 522 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from