Mark Francois’s voting in Parliament
Mark Francois is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mark Francois sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mark Francois generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mark Francois’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mark Francois’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mark Francois has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
The hon. Lady has mentioned Tornado twice, including the valuable role it has played in Op Shader. It remains a potent combat aircraft, even today. Does she agree that when the Tornado retires from service in 2019 we should keep some as a war reserve, and that British industry has the skills and capability to support that?
I declare an interest: I went to Bristol—I am sorry about that. As an MP from the south of the county, may I confirm to my hon. Friend that the reach of the university goes across the entire county and indeed beyond? In the south of Essex, we greatly value the economic contribution that the university makes to the life of our county.
In the interests of clarity and transparency, what exactly is the Labour party’s policy now on remaining in the customs union after March 2019?
More of Mark Francois’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Rayleigh and Wickford
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented Rayleigh
Topics of interest
Mark Francois campaigned to leave the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Departmental Expenditure
- Gershon Review
- Departments: Furniture
- Departmental Fixed Assets
- Departments: Official Cars
Currently held offices
- Member, Defence Sub-Committee (since 12 Sep 2017)
- Member, Defence Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State (Communities and Local Government) (8 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence (6 Sep 2012 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 8 Mar 2011)
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 22 Oct 2012)
- Member, Committee of Selection (21 Jun 2010 to 9 May 2013)
- Government Whip (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Europe) (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Paymaster General (10 May 2005 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Economic Secretary (Treasury) (10 May 2004 to 10 May 2005)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 May 2002 to 10 May 2004)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Nov 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Payment of £1,000 expected from the University of Buckingham
's Humanities Research Institute, Ondaatje Hall, Buckingham MK18 1EG, for a speech and participation in a seminar on 8 March 2017
. Hours: 8 hrs including preparation. (Registered 30 March 2017)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Wellington Street Partners Ltd
Address of donor: Acre House, 11-15 William Road, London NW1 3ER
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: company, registration 07639073
(Registered 05 July 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from