Nigel Dodds’s voting in Parliament
Nigel Dodds is a DUP MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other DUP MPs.
This is a selection of Nigel Dodds’s votes.
Almost always voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, between 2011–2016
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
2 votes for, 15 votes against, 9 absences, between 2010–2015
Voted a mixture of for and against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
2 votes for, 3 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2018
Generally voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2013
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nigel Dodds’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nigel Dodds’s full vote analysis page for more.
Nigel Dodds has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 23 May 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what recent discussions he has had with the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo on the steps being taken to alleviate the humanitarian crisis in that country.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, who is responsible for developing the Government's forthcoming proposals on the reimbursement of special medicinal products.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, how many UK participants have participated in the Erasmus+ programme in the each of the last four years.
More of Nigel Dodds’s recent appearances
DUP MP for Belfast North, Former DUP MLA for Belfast North
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Entered the Assembly on 25 June 1998 — General election
Left the Assembly on 10 September 2010 — Resigned
Topics of interest
Nigel Dodds campaigned to leave the European Union
- Northern Ireland
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Parades Commission
- Fuel Poverty
Currently held offices
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Brexit) (since 1 Jul 2017)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Reform and Constitutional Issues) (since 8 May 2015)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Foreign Affairs) (since 8 May 2015)
- DUP Westminster Leader (since 6 May 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Spokesperson (Justice) (1 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (1 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (9 Nov 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (9 Nov 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Members' Allowances Committee (9 Feb 2009 to 18 May 2009)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Without Portfolio) (4 Jun 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Without portfolio (4 Jun 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform) (1 Jun 2007 to 1 Jun 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Justice) (1 Jun 2007 to 1 Jun 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jun 2005 to 1 Jun 2007)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (1 Jun 2005 to 1 Jun 2007)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jul 2001 to 1 Jun 2008)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from