Nigel Dodds campaigned to leave the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Nigel Dodds’s voting in Parliament
Nigel Dodds is a DUP MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other DUP MPs.
This is a selection of Nigel Dodds’s votes.
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 8 votes against, 4 absences, between 2004–2016
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
2 votes for, 15 votes against, 9 absences, between 2010–2015
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
3 votes for, 4 votes against, 7 absences, between 2003–2016
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
5 votes for, 51 votes against, 33 absences, between 2008–2017
Almost always voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nigel Dodds’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nigel Dodds’s full vote analysis page for more.
Nigel Dodds has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
May I associate my right hon. and hon. Friends with the Prime Minister’s warm words of congratulation to Her Majesty the Queen on the occasion of her sapphire jubilee? Given this country’s enormous contribution to the defence of Europe and, indeed, the west generally, and given that we are one of the world’s biggest contributors to humanitarian and international aid, may I...
It is with great pleasure that I rise to speak in this debate on this historic day for Parliament and for this country. None of us who believed in withdrawal from the European Union believed that we would ever see an Order Paper displaying the words, “European Union (Notification of Withdrawal) Bill: Second Reading”. It is a very historic, landmark occasion. The Bill implements a...
Does the Minister accept that, with unemployment in Northern Ireland at its lowest level since 2008 and Northern Ireland posting the highest increase in exports of any region of the United Kingdom last year, the Executive were making substantial progress in improving the economy of Northern Ireland over the previous two years?
More of Nigel Dodds’s recent appearances
DUP MP for Belfast North, Former DUP MLA for Belfast North
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Entered the Assembly on 25 June 1998 — General election
Left the Assembly on 10 September 2010 — Resigned
Topics of interest
- Northern Ireland
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Parades Commission
- Fuel Poverty
Currently held offices
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Foreign Affairs) (since 8 May 2015)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Reform and Constitutional Issues) (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (1 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Justice) (1 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (9 Nov 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (9 Nov 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Members' Allowances Committee (9 Feb 2009 to 18 May 2009)
- Without portfolio (4 Jun 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform) (1 Jun 2007 to 1 Jun 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Justice) (1 Jun 2007 to 1 Jun 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jun 2005 to 1 Jun 2007)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (1 Jun 2005 to 1 Jun 2007)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jul 2001 to 1 Jun 2008)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from