Nigel Dodds campaigned to leave the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Nigel Dodds’s voting in Parliament
Nigel Dodds is a DUP MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other DUP MPs.
This is a selection of Nigel Dodds’s votes.
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Generally voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Generally voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nigel Dodds’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nigel Dodds’s full vote analysis page for more.
Nigel Dodds has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, what discussions he has had with the Chancellor of the Exchequer on the future use of funding held as part of the UK share in the capital of the European Investment Bank.
Is the crucial issue here not that, whatever the caveats entered by the shadow Minister, anyone voting for this amendment tonight will find impossible to justify to the public any reneging, any going back or any procrastination—anything after 31 March that seeks to delay the triggering of article 50? That is the reality of the situation.
More of Nigel Dodds’s recent appearances
DUP MP for Belfast North, Former DUP MLA for Belfast North
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Entered the Assembly on 25 June 1998 — General election
Left the Assembly on 10 September 2010 — Resigned
Topics of interest
- Northern Ireland
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Parades Commission
- Fuel Poverty
Currently held offices
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Foreign Affairs) (since 8 May 2015)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Reform and Constitutional Issues) (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (1 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Justice) (1 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (9 Nov 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (9 Nov 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Members' Allowances Committee (9 Feb 2009 to 18 May 2009)
- Without portfolio (4 Jun 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform) (1 Jun 2007 to 1 Jun 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Justice) (1 Jun 2007 to 1 Jun 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jun 2005 to 1 Jun 2007)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (1 Jun 2005 to 1 Jun 2007)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jul 2001 to 1 Jun 2008)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from