Nigel Dodds’s voting in Parliament
Nigel Dodds is a DUP MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other DUP MPs.
This is a selection of Nigel Dodds’s votes.
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Generally voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
8 votes for, 34 votes against, 12 absences, between 2012–2016
Almost always voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, 2 absences, between 2004–2011
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 8 votes against, 4 absences, between 2004–2016
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
2 votes for, 15 votes against, 9 absences, between 2010–2015
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nigel Dodds’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nigel Dodds’s full vote analysis page for more.
Nigel Dodds has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
It gives me great pleasure to speak in the debate, and to follow the hon. Member for Belfast South (Dr McDonnell). I welcome the Bill, as far as it goes. It is necessary, but unfortunate. There is now a new deadline, but as it is the same deadline that was imposed for the first set of talks, it is, in fact, not really a deadline. Let me say to the Secretary of State, with great respect, that...
More of Nigel Dodds’s recent appearances
DUP MP for Belfast North, Former DUP MLA for Belfast North
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Entered the Assembly on 25 June 1998 — General election
Left the Assembly on 10 September 2010 — Resigned
Topics of interest
Nigel Dodds campaigned to leave the European Union
- Northern Ireland
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Parades Commission
- Fuel Poverty
Currently held offices
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Reform and Constitutional Issues) (since 8 May 2015)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Foreign Affairs) (since 8 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Spokesperson (Justice) (1 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (1 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (9 Nov 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (9 Nov 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Members' Allowances Committee (9 Feb 2009 to 18 May 2009)
- Without portfolio (4 Jun 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform) (1 Jun 2007 to 1 Jun 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Justice) (1 Jun 2007 to 1 Jun 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jun 2005 to 1 Jun 2007)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (1 Jun 2005 to 1 Jun 2007)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jul 2001 to 1 Jun 2008)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from