Nigel Dodds’s voting in Parliament
Nigel Dodds is a DUP MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other DUP MPs.
This is a selection of Nigel Dodds’s votes.
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
2 votes for, 15 votes against, 9 absences, between 2010–2015
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
11 votes for, 80 votes against, 34 absences, between 2008–2018
Almost always voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
2 votes for, 3 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2018
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, 2 absences, between 2004–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nigel Dodds’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nigel Dodds’s full vote analysis page for more.
Nigel Dodds has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
I join the Secretary of State in saying that parties and communities across Northern Ireland are utterly united in their condemnation of this terrible event. I also join her in praising the work of the PSNI and the emergency services, who have provided and continue to provide safety and security on the streets of Northern Ireland. I also welcome what the Secretary of State said about this...
May I join the Prime Minister in her words about the despicable and reckless attack in Londonderry at the weekend? It was carried out, of course, by the republican terrorists responsible for the murder of prison officers David Black in 2012 and Adrian Ismay in March 2016. These people have nothing to offer anyone in Northern Ireland, and are rejected right across the board. On Brexit, I thank...
More of Nigel Dodds’s recent appearances
DUP MP for Belfast North, Former DUP MLA for Belfast North
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Entered the Assembly on 25 June 1998 — General election
Left the Assembly on 10 September 2010 — Resigned
Topics of interest
Nigel Dodds campaigned to leave the European Union
- Northern Ireland
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Parades Commission
- Fuel Poverty
Currently held offices
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Brexit) (since 1 Jul 2017)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Reform and Constitutional Issues) (since 8 May 2015)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Foreign Affairs) (since 8 May 2015)
- DUP Westminster Leader (since 6 May 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Spokesperson (Justice) (1 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (1 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (9 Nov 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (9 Nov 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Members' Allowances Committee (9 Feb 2009 to 18 May 2009)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Without Portfolio) (4 Jun 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Without portfolio (4 Jun 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform) (1 Jun 2007 to 1 Jun 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Justice) (1 Jun 2007 to 1 Jun 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jun 2005 to 1 Jun 2007)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (1 Jun 2005 to 1 Jun 2007)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jul 2001 to 1 Jun 2008)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Jan 2019.
Name of donor: (1) Northern Ireland Friends of Israel
(2) Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address of donor: (1) c/o Oasis Retail Services Ltd, Mallusk Drive, Newtownabbey BT36 4GX (2) 9 Yitzhak Rabin Blvd., Kiryat Ben-Gurion, Jerusalem 9103001
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): (1) Economy Class Air travel, hotel accommodation and hospitality with a value of £2,700 (2) Bus travel in-country, airport service guides and hospitality with a value of £700
Destination of visit: Israel and the Palestinian Authority
Dates of visit: 27–31 May 2018
Purpose of visit: Political and trade delegation.
(Registered 20 June 2018)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)