Wayne David’s voting in Parliament
Wayne David is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Wayne David’s votes.
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2013
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
0 votes for, 12 votes against, between 2013–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 5 votes against, 6 absences, between 2011–2016
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2007–2016
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 11 votes against, between 2011–2016
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Wayne David’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Wayne David’s full vote analysis page for more.
Wayne David has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
Will the hon. Gentleman give way?
I recognise that the hon. Gentleman is using parliamentary privilege to the full here. Will he clarify how much of this is European money?
More of Wayne David’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Caerphilly
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
Wayne David campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Personal Independence Payment
- Departmental Domestic Visits
- UK Membership of EU
- Maritime Patrol Aircraft
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (Armed Forces and Defence Procurement) (since 12 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (1 Jul 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (1 Jul 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Scotland) (1 Jul 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (Political and Constitutional Reform) (11 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Wales) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales (5 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (2 Jul 2007 to 5 Oct 2008)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (4 Jun 2007 to 8 Nov 2007)
- Member, Conventions (Joint Committee) (17 May 2006 to 31 Oct 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon Adam Ingram, Minister of State), Ministry of Defence (10 Nov 2005 to 6 Sep 2006)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (28 Oct 2004 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 6 Nov 2007)
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee (1 Aug 1994 to 31 Jul 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from