Wayne David campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Wayne David’s voting in Parliament
Wayne David is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Wayne David’s votes.
Consistently voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 11 votes against, between 2011–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
8 votes for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, between 2004–2016
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Generally voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
1 vote for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, between 2004–2011
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2013
We have lots more plain English analysis of Wayne David’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Wayne David’s full vote analysis page for more.
Wayne David has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
Will the Minister give way?
We have had an excellent debate this morning. I congratulate the hon. Member for Maidstone and The Weald (Mrs Grant) on raising the issue and on speaking so eloquently about her own constituency and the Invicta Park barracks in Maidstone. All of us have natural empathy for the Gurkhas, recognise the huge contribution that they have made to the defence of this country and are deeply concerned...
Indeed. That is commendable, but it is the exception rather than the rule. That is not being replicated elsewhere across the estate. It shows what can be done if a clear strategy is in place, but as we have heard, there is no clear strategy. The Government are taking a ham-fisted approach towards the estate on a very short timescale and in a manner that has not been properly thought out. What...
More of Wayne David’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Caerphilly
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Trade and Industry
- Personal Independence Payment
- Departmental Domestic Visits
- UK Membership of EU
- Electoral Register
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (Armed Forces and Defence Procurement) (since 12 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (12 Oct 2016 to 15 Nov 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Scotland) (1 Jul 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (1 Jul 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (1 Jul 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (Political and Constitutional Reform) (11 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Wales) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales (5 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (2 Jul 2007 to 5 Oct 2008)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (4 Jun 2007 to 8 Nov 2007)
- Member, Conventions (Joint Committee) (17 May 2006 to 31 Oct 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon Adam Ingram, Minister of State), Ministry of Defence (10 Nov 2005 to 6 Sep 2006)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (28 Oct 2004 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 6 Nov 2007)
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee (1 Aug 1994 to 31 Jul 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 46 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Wayne David’s speeches
- Has received answers to 12 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 70.47% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 48 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Wayne David’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 513 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from