Kevin Brennan campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Kevin Brennan’s voting in Parliament
Kevin Brennan is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Kevin Brennan sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Kevin Brennan generally voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
Kevin Brennan generally voted for a transparent Parliament, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kevin Brennan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kevin Brennan’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kevin Brennan has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
It is encouraging that the right hon. Gentleman is a former Secretary of State for Wales and for Work and Pensions, and he has support from the hon. Member for Cardiff North (Craig Williams), a Treasury Parliamentary Private Secretary, which gives me hope that perhaps there is something in the wind to suggest that we might get the early decision for which he is calling—we would support...
To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, if she will make an assessment of whether recommendations of Swindon Borough Council in its report, Securing a sustainable future for Swindon's Library Service, published in November 2016, comply with the duty to provide a comprehensive and efficient library service.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what representations he has made to the government of Sudan on the recent arrest of opposition party leaders in that country.
More of Kevin Brennan’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Cardiff West
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Education
- HM Treasury
- Work and Pensions
- Teachers: Training
- Green Investment Bank: Privatisation
- Free Schools
- Kings Science Academy
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (Arts and Heritage) (since 9 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (18 Sep 2015 to 9 Oct 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (8 Oct 2010 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 17 Jan 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Minister of State (Department for Children, Schools and Families) (also Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Minister of State (Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) (Further Education, Skills, Apprenticeships and Consumer Affairs) (also Department for Children, Schools and Families) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Cabinet Office) (Third Sector) (5 Oct 2008 to 9 Jun 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Children, Schools and Families) (Children, Young People and Families) (29 Jun 2007 to 5 Oct 2008)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (5 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (10 May 2005 to 5 May 2006)
- PPS (Rt Hon Alan Milburn, Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster), Cabinet Office (2 Nov 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 19 Jan 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 21 Nov 2016.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK sources
Name of donor: News UK
& Ireland Ltd
Address of donor: 1 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9GF
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: one ticket, with hospitality, to Australia v Wales at Twickenham; value £795
Date received: 10 October 2015
Date accepted: 10 October 2015
Donor status: company, registration 81701
(Registered 23 October 2015; updated 4 November 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from