Richard Bacon’s voting in Parliament
Richard Bacon is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Richard Bacon sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Richard Bacon almost always voted against the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs almost always voted for. Show votes
Richard Bacon almost always voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Richard Bacon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Richard Bacon’s full vote analysis page for more.
Richard Bacon has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Dec 2017
Given that the Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Act 2015 is now on the statute book, will the Secretary of State meet me and the National Custom & Self Build Association so that we can explain how the Act’s provisions can be used to recruit and retain teachers in difficult-to-fill subjects?
What recent assessment he has made of the potential effect of self-build and custom house building on reducing prisoner reoffending rates.
Given that the Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Act 2015 is now on the statute book, is the Minister aware that probation officers and ex-offenders can now register as associations of individuals under the Act? Will he meet me and the National Custom & Self Build Association’s right to build expert taskforce, so we can brief him on how people building their own dwellings can...
More of Richard Bacon’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Norfolk
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
Richard Bacon campaigned to leave the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Education and Skills
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Treasury Building PFI Deal
- NHS: Ict
- Departmental Accountancy Practice
- Departmental Accounting Practice
- Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust: Cerner
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (since 16 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (4 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (7 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (12 Jul 2010 to 31 Mar 2015)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (9 Jan 2003 to 12 Mar 2007)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Richard Bacon’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.15% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 103 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Richard Bacon’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 317 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from