Richard Bacon’s voting in Parliament
Richard Bacon is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Richard Bacon sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Richard Bacon almost always voted against the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs almost always voted for. Show votes
Richard Bacon almost always voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Richard Bacon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Richard Bacon’s full vote analysis page for more.
Richard Bacon has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 16 Jan 2018
I am listening with great interest to my hon. Friend’s speech. What would be the plight of the Christians in Syria if Bashar al-Assad were deposed?
It should come as no surprise to anyone that private sector house builders build when—and only when—it is sufficiently profitable to do so. That ought to be an axiom, and I am sure the hon. Gentleman agrees with that. Does he therefore agree that part of the solution ought to be to provide a much wider range of genuine choice to potential consumers—people who want somewhere...
More of Richard Bacon’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Norfolk
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Topics of interest
Richard Bacon campaigned to leave the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Education and Skills
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Treasury Building PFI Deal
- NHS: Ict
- Departmental Accountancy Practice
- Departmental Accounting Practice
- Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust: Cerner
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (since 16 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (4 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (7 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (12 Jul 2010 to 31 Mar 2015)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (9 Jan 2003 to 12 Mar 2007)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Richard Bacon’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.43% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 101 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Richard Bacon’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 318 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 19 Mar 2018.
Name of donor: Conservative Middle East Council
Address of donor: 55 Tufton Street, London SW1P 3QL
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): accommodation, food and transport with a total value of £2,248
Destination of visit: Lebanon
Date of visit: 20-24 April 2017
Purpose of visit: Parliamentary fact finding.
(Registered 14 December 2017
Name of donor: Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran
Address of donor: Embassy of Iran, 16 Princes Gate, London SW7 1PT
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): transport, food and two nights' accommodation with a total value of £867. (The remaining accommodation was provided by a non-registrable source.)
Destination of visit: Iran
Date of visit: 4 – 10 August 2017
Purpose of visit: To attend the Inauguration of H.E. Hassan Rouhani
as President of the Islamic Republic of Iran
and to meet Iranian parliamentarians.
(Registered 14 December 2017)
Name of donor: Ministry of Defence, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Address of donor: Riyadh, Postal Code 111165, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): flights, accommodation, internal transport and food at a total value of £8,257
Destination of visit: Riyadh and Saudi/Yemen border region
Dates of visit: 11-15 January 2018
Purpose of visit: Parliamentary delegation to see impact of ballistic missile strikes in the Saudi/Yemen border region and gain a deeper understanding of the strategic importance of the Coalition operations in Yemen.
(Registered 06 March 2018)
I am a patron of Elizabeth’s Legacy of Hope, a registered charity in England and Wales, No 1141287. During the course of overseas visits I may from time to time undertake engagements on behalf of the charity. (Registered 25 January 2013
; updated 26 May 2015
I am a member of the board (unpaid) of the Right to Build Task Force, which is part of the National Custom and Self-Build Association, and I serve as the task force ambassador. (Registered 06 March 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from